Acetate, Get it mastered?

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by vexx, Jan 2, 2012.

1. vexx

vexx Member

easy people!

posted this a while back and din't get ANY feedback!
    i stil want to do more with it.
    but if any of the experienced heads could tell me whether the mix is good enough to master?!
    would be wicked,

nice one

2. bulletstorm

bulletstorm Member

pretty nice track mate.

I think you kick could sound better,
    your highhats and snare have a very clear sound so your kick doesn't really match them.
    I really like the extra snare for the variation, sounds pretty good.
    One more thing I noticed that when I was in front of my speakers the subbass was a bit soft, but then I took 3 steps back and there it seemed to overpower the track a little bit, but it could be just my speakers.

3. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

nice track! some things that jumped out at me, the reese that comes in is a bit flat, needs some more FX, mayb a bit of phaze to livin it up a bit, sumthing subtle to bring out its character, and where it dropped @ 1:29, i was expecting that to boom! and speed up , but it didnt, it just stayed at the same level, need to play with ur hats/shakers a bit more to really bring the energy level up for that section, need to switch up the percussion thruout the rest of the track aswell (just a few layers of changing hats/rides/shakers will pick the energy up massivly), the rest of it i love! vibe is heavy, great sounds n nice percussion (although i've heard that little amen vocal sample in to many tracks tbh), your sub is too loud in the mix, but thats a minor problem just drop it down a bit.....if you could get that reese a little more interesting, and ramp up the percussion energy level @ 1:29, then i'm sure i'd play this out

4. vexx

vexx Member

WOW. thanks guys! yeahh i agree it loses energy laarge! and the drop isnt right. at all. and yeahh the bass is way to heavvy. i made this bit using rokit 5's ): so i was probably trying to make up for the lack of bass. i will get on it NOW.

John your tunes are LARGE!

and would love to send you the final draught so you CAN play this out (-;

5. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

wikid man, hit me up on aim if u got it john _at_ johnmiszt _dot_ com (write it as emial address)

6. vexx

vexx Member

7. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

Cool man. But i think the drums need to switch around a bit. Tis very straight.

8. djdevz

djdevz Member

i like this track mate, but i agree with whats been said already. Maybe a really small slow lfo on ur reese might give it more movement.
    I really like the extra verb snare thrown in every 16, but i think ur drums could do with some more variation. Good work overall tho mate :)

9. vexx

vexx Member

cheers lads! im on it, will upload new version soon! :)