Ableton 8 vs Cubase 5

d.o.b

Does the Massive sounds same on these two DAWs? what can one do and other dont? Cubase 5 have better sound quality but if I put Massive into Ableton with distortion plugins like Ohmicide,will it sound less good in Ableton than same VST in Cubase??

I am moving away from Reason becose it cant have vst and every thing made in Ableton or Cubase sounds much better even if its technicaly similiar thing.

no, they all sound the same, except maybe FL? correct me if im wrong, its all in your head buddy. sooo much big name producers use reason and no one can tell the difference, if they say they can they are a fag : ) use what you want, they all do the same thing with different layouts etc

no, they all sound the same, except maybe FL? correct me if im wrong, its all in your head buddy. sooo much big name producers use reason and no one can tell the difference, if they say they can they are a fag : ) use what you want, they all do the same thing with different layouts etc

1. If someone can tell if in certain tune was used Reasons Scream 4 or Thor he is not fag but person with big knowledge about music production and sharp hearing.

2. EVERY DAW have its own unique sound characteristic because of different sound engines used.

Reason 4 is hard to describe,it didnt gives the freedom like Cubase 5.. Thor can create better sounds than massive but worse also.It has its own taste this Thor,but Massive taste much better ( cleaner sound )

shark_derp_durr_hurr.jpg

to be fair they are much of a muchness... you are right about each DAW having a distinct sound due to the engines used, but i find FL is the only really noticable one for this. That said, ozma (check out his tunes) makes his beats of FL, and they are tight as a ducks but!

which is better, well, thats depends on what you prefer to work with! i'm biased towards ableton cos it's what i use!

lol ^^^

if you could spot tunes made with fruity, you wouldnt talk such nonsense.

do the test. make a sound in massive, save it as a massive file and export as a wave. open the same sound in another daw , open the massive file and export. now invert phase on one of the samples, layer them together - tada, silence.

there isnt any difference in sound when you use the same plugins. surely, fl plugins arent as good as cubase', but if you just use external vsts, it really doesnt matter.

get over it. fruity isnt weaker than other daws just because its cheaper, easier to use and looks like a kids tool.

it really pisses me off, how people with clearly now substantial idea, are discrediting fruity, just because they think they have to splash thousands of punds for a daw to make good tunes.

ITS ABOUT THE TUNES YOU MAKE, NOT THE DAW!

and @topic, therefore, choose the one that fits better to your workflow.

Last edited:
lol ^^^

do the test. make a sound in massive, save it as a massive file and export as a wave. open the same sound in another daw , open the massive file and export. now invert phase on one of the samples, layer them together - tada, silence.

there isnt any difference in sound when you use the same plugins. surely, fl plugins arent as good as cubase', but if you just use external vsts, it really doesnt matter.

get over it. fruity isnt weaker than other daws just because its cheaper, easier to use and looks like a kids tool.

it really pisses me off, how people with clearly now substantial idea, are discrediting fruity, just because they think they have to splash thousands of punds for a daw to make good tunes.

fair enough... but i still see fruity as a tool to learn, not to finish, if ya get me? it's how i started, found it easy to pick up, but now i know ableton... i personally think ableton is much easier to use, better workflow, better sound quality on drums ... yes, i've even made a beat in fruity and ableton, same source samples, and ableton just sounds more 'real'?

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

but again, some people get a good sound from FL... so clearly it's possible!

yes... but probably not as well as i do abletons! don't get me wrong, i love fruity, it's where my roots are at... i just think if ya going to take it seriously, get fucking good at FL (hard for me) or get something a little more powerful?

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

fruity's eq was sick from what i remember!

FL has sounds a bit quieter than other DAW's as default when you import them. That's why some people hear a difference in sound between FL and other programs. It's the Fletcher-Munson curve in effect - when stuff is louder, it seems fatter. It's very simple.

DAWs do the job of adding signals on top of each other and there is nothing mystical about 'sound engines'. It's mathematics, not pseudo-science. If you add 3 to 4, the result will be 7, no matter what calculator you use.

I really can't understand why this myth is so persistent.

DAWs do the job of adding signals on top of each other and there is nothing mystical about 'sound engines'. It's mathematics, not pseudo-science. If you add 3 to 4, the result will be 7, no matter what calculator you use.

ture, but an audio 'signal' in a digital format is a code, and it is what the audios engine do with this code that is important... yes 3+4=7, but the sound engines are working from complex algorithms, not pre-school maths...

"difference in sound quality in most daws is in their master bus's and their differences in summing algorithms..." something i read once, very good point

I really can't understand why this myth is so persistent.

because no one has proven otherwise...

kama just told you there are no differences in summing algorithms, lol.

and he also proved that sounds are the same, no matter if you made them in cubase or in fruity.

kama just told you there are no differences in summing algorithms, lol.

and he also proved that sounds are the same, no matter if you made them in cubase or in fruity.

how has he proved that? and if this were true, why do people spend loads on soundcards then? surely a cheap one is doing the same sums as an expensive one...? it's the way the code is interpreted!

anyways... i don't really care, as a poor workman blames his tools yagetme!?

shark_derp_durr_hurr.jpg

to be fair they are much of a muchness... you are right about each DAW having a distinct sound due to the engines used, but i find FL is the only really noticable one for this. That said, ozma (check out his tunes) makes his beats of FL, and they are tight as a ducks but!

which is better, well, thats depends on what you prefer to work with! i'm biased towards ableton cos it's what i use!

lol I love that foro :D

lol ^^^

I NEVER said that FL is BAD,its very good introduction into the world of music production but if good came down to earth and started making tunes then it will sound little bit better from Cubase 5.I am not god,and theres shitload of people that makes milion times better music than me in Reason ... I just like the idea of bigger freedom and lil bit better sound becose I am tripped out audiophile.Sine wave from massive sound different than sine wave from reason... when I found this difference,sound quality quickly became extremly important to me.It so fucking hard decision,ableton have much easier interface and workflow but cubase 5 is the king of sound quality.... want to pick up the best befoe I spend another year getting into new daw.I wanted cubase but after hearing Richie Stix - Peanut Butter I realized that ableton at the end of the day may actualy have better sound not because its have better sound engine but because you can put your ideas into digital form much faster.When I am making music I am usualy trippin ballz hardcore or heavily poisoned by excesive skank bongs... one second I have idea that will change the drum n bass as we know and split second later I am masturbating on bondage hentai... this more of a internal monologue but I will post it anyway just for jiz of it.

did you download your soundcard

not falling for this one logikz... plus i don't get it!

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

I NEVER said that FL is BAD,its very good introduction into the world of music production but if good came down to earth and started making tunes then it will sound little bit better from Cubase 5.I am not god,and theres shitload of people that makes milion times better music than me in Reason ... I just like the idea of bigger freedom and lil bit better sound becose I am tripped out audiophile.Sine wave from massive sound different than sine wave from reason... when I found this difference,sound quality quickly became extremly important to me.It so fucking hard decision,ableton have much easier interface and workflow but cubase 5 is the king of sound quality.... want to pick up the best befoe I spend another year getting into new daw.I wanted cubase but after hearing Richie Stix - Peanut Butter I realized that ableton at the end of the day may actualy have better sound not because its have better sound engine but because you can put your ideas into digital form much faster.When I am making music I am usualy trippin ballz hardcore or heavily poisoned by excesive skank bongs... one second I have idea that will change the drum n bass as we know and split second later I am masturbating on bondage hentai... this more of a internal monologue but I will post it anyway just for jiz of it.

legend...

Back
Top Bottom