A question

ive bin wonderin wot clownstep is 4 ages & ive bin well in2 d&b 4 a few years now!! i reckon clownstep is things like twisted & g-dub. all that kinda sound, bt thats jus my opinion! thanx 4 askin the question Kaotic! i think ive learned more about it from all these replies.
PS i like another planet by pendulum-its a tune, dont hate on it!

DJ Lordward said:
ive bin wonderin wot clownstep is 4 ages & ive bin well in2 d&b 4 a few years now!! i reckon clownstep is things like twisted & g-dub. all that kinda sound, bt thats jus my opinion! thanx 4 askin the question Kaotic! i think ive learned more about it from all these replies.
PS i like another planet by pendulum-its a tune, dont hate on it!

ahh, even some clown-classic tunes sound good!

:spam:
illv//

Clownstep = baron :flame:

Sorry to all the baron fans, but i just think that shit is straight silly.

WEER WEER WEER WEER WEER WEER BOOM
WEER WEER WEER WEER WEER WEER BOOM...

:chainsaw:

DJ Kaotic said:
first of all I'd like to say hello as I'm new to the board...now that I've got that out of the way lets get on to the question.
I've been listening to drum n bass / hardcore since 91 but in the past few years i've got a wee bit slack, I've not been keeping up with the scene like I used to, so will someone tell me WTF clownstep is?

gimme some examples (ie titles) so I know what yer on about.

:shades:

you want to check out:-
Aphrodite - Listen to the Rhythm
Jungle brothers - Jungle brothers Urban takeover remix

The stuff that is known as clownstep is just as frikken boring and dull as the stuff known as tech step.

....but this is stating the obvious.

DJ Kaotic said:
Right I gotcha..Ravey stab things!!! I have to admit that gets on my tits as well. I can now confirm to the DnB forum that I'm not a fan of "clownstep".
I would not call "clownstep" a "ravey stab things". Clownstep is anti-rave just as techstep is.

There was a whole sub genre of DnB that was into the 1992 revival thing, I have a few (4) crates of this stuff and it seems it was really big 2001 to 2002. Its died down to only 2 producers now, Digital and Spirit which is why I generaly don't buy DnB records anymore (I can just visit a record store twice a year and get all the good bits, where as in 2002 I was going every week).

A lot of producers that were doing the 92 revival thing have now switched to the clownstep such as Total Science and Baron which is a real shame and a great loss.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom