WHAT LABEL? Thread

So has anyone actually got signed off the back of this thread?

That's a good question and I was thinking about that yesterday, just because something might fit a label's style doesn't mean it's at a level where it would be signed. Maybe that should be something included in this thread, feedback on whether it's at a level where it might be picked up? Dunno, just a thought. @Mesonance what do you reckon?

That's why I find this thread to be a little bit weird,

Whether a label head wants to pick you up is a completely different matter than whether John from the forum thinks your track sounds like it might suit label XYZ.

And if you're not even a fan, or even aware of said label, then should you really be sending your shit to them?

Go out and do some networking!

That's a good question and I was thinking about that yesterday, just because something might fit a label's style doesn't mean it's at a level where it would be signed. Maybe that should be something included in this thread, feedback on whether it's at a level where it might be picked up? Dunno, just a thought. @Mesonance what do you reckon?

I agree but then that defeats the whole purpose of the feedback section in this section of the forum. One should use that before sending out. Sharing the track privately with others that can critise musically such as radio djs etc.

This thread was set up to show the smaller, less famous but equal in quality so that we all don't send to just Hospital, RAM etc.

Will update the original post on Sat morning/afternoon, keeping this in mind.

That's why I find this thread to be a little bit weird,

Whether a label head wants to pick you up is a completely different matter than whether John from the forum thinks your track sounds like it might suit label XYZ.

And if you're not even a fan, or even aware of said label, then should you really be sending your shit to them?

Go out and do some networking!

Agree with this as well. But what this creates is it saves 'recon' research of labels. It doesn't mean that networking is done. It stills needs to take place.

I will include this point as well in the original post.

Back
Top Bottom