what does V.I.P stand for ??

imo generally VIP's of tunes are good but after listening to Defcom 69 VIP, I think it was awful, just took away that menacing riff or whatever its called that made the original brilliant

Variants in Production, from what I've heard.

A remix is different from a VIP.

Does not, in any way, refer to the person who does the VIP.

All the VIP's made are not better than the originals! Take 'Offline VIP' for example..............absolute shite! Peace.

ok heres my two cents...

a VIP mix is simply a "remix" for Very Important People, IE big name DJs.

It mainly started in tracks with vocals for example, original nutter... uk apache recorded differant vocals sections for the big name DJs or Very Important People (as im sure you will have heard at some point before)

These days, if an original mix of a track is doing quite well in popularity, crowd responce, sales etc then the artist that made that track will go back in and change things to it so its something special/unique for the big DJs to play.

some VIPs yes, could just be an extra wobble and some VIPs have extreme differances, all depends on what the artist wants it to be.

other names like Variation In Production and such is not the official meaning of VIP, yes it makes sense but its just something that has been made up and has caught on.

certain VIP mixes that get a really good responce in the clubs mostly end up getting released because they see there is a high demand for said tracks. there is ovcourse a few exceptions where maybe a differant artist will make there own VIP mix of somebody elses track for example, clipz & die - number one (roni size VIP).

so to sum it up, a VIP mix does mean for the VIP DJs.

well i hope my input has helped a few of u understand this age old mystery of the VIP...

Back
Top Bottom