Is it worth getting Ear Plugs for DJing??

DJ Lordward said:
yeah its kinda gay wearing ear plugs but its gotta be done!
the nights i DJ at are full of rudeboys so i wonder what they will all think lol!
i picked up some reusable 1s from Boots for a fiver which reduce sound by 20 dB which seem pretty good so far (only used em in the bedroom tho).
definitly worth investing in mate. any sound over 80dB can do perminant damage to ur ears and ud be surprised how little noise that is. bein in most clubs is gonna be pumping about 140dB+ and ur ear drums are likely to explode at 180dB. some nasty stats to think about arnt they! a reduction of 20dB is definitly gonna help u out. well worth investing in if u want to keep the music!

yeah its crazy how ez it is to damage your ears.
this is proving to be a popular thread!

cheers 4 the stats $parky C!
PS. hopefully I should be helping to organise a nite down the Pulse soon (a once a month thing) so il get in touch some time to see if ur interested in DJing there! the 1st one will be at the end of November, if its a success I'll get in touch. Peace.

as i used to own a 12k system and friends of mine own various soundsystems i have learned that you cant put a price on your ears! if you can afford it for around £300 you can get special earplugs that are molded to your ear, they let in most frequencies (so u can hear music clearly) but it softens the sound so it damges you ear less

ALPHA'mC said:
as i used to own a 12k system and friends of mine own various soundsystems i have learned that you cant put a price on your ears! if you can afford it for around £300 you can get special earplugs that are molded to your ear, they let in most frequencies (so u can hear music clearly) but it softens the sound so it damges you ear less

I got my moulded ear plugs today - which cut the frequencys out, for 65 quid, see M-Codes link above :2thumbs:

jay walker said:
I got my moulded ear plugs today - which cut the frequencys out, for 65 quid, see M-Codes link above :2thumbs:
I spoke to the dude during this week, was really safe. Gonna get some moulded during next week.

They all good Jay?

sdm said:
I spoke to the dude during this week, was really safe. Gonna get some moulded during next week.

They all good Jay?

Aint had a chance to test the 'filtering' coz I aint got a rude enough system in my bedroom, Im sure the Valve at the end of the month will be a good workout for them :D

As for comfort - they are top-drawer, an i got a lil leather pouch with em too.

I was at the Valve on the 15th (pics and a full(ish) review coming imminently next week) - I'm soooooo glad I wore earplugs throughout. I did take them out occasionally, if only to a) savour the fact that I'm saving my hearing from THIS much abuse (and it really is terminal abuse that the Valve dishes out), and b) if foam earplugs manage to block to this level, custom moulded earplugs are going to rock even more.

I'm going to have to find an audiologist to get my ears' casts made though, as while I USED to live near Bristol now I live in Bucks. Might even have to go private just to get somebody to stick gunk in my ears to get the shape of my ear canals. Bah. :)

Still worth it though. I felt so, so sorry for all the muppets not wearing earplugs on Friday night. My hearing is now pretty much perfectly fine (as it was pre-Valve) after just 2 days - and while I've been called out as a wuss and a pussy for wearing the plugs, I don't give a shit. I still want to be able to listen to Drum & Bass in 20 years' time just like I hear it now. :)

DJ Lordward said:
yeah its crazy how ez it is to damage your ears.
this is proving to be a popular thread!

cheers 4 the stats $parky C!
PS. hopefully I should be helping to organise a nite down the Pulse soon (a once a month thing) so il get in touch some time to see if ur interested in DJing there! the 1st one will be at the end of November, if its a success I'll get in touch. Peace.
yeh definitly interested mate. i dont live too far away so thats pretty convenient, and pulse is a not bad little venue too. iv got a bit of work down tap n tin club coming up soon. il let u know if need any one else down there. giv me a PM or an email about pulse thing. take it easy :spliff:

Myself, Triple M, and Charge had our molds taken for the custom plugs last night. I'm looking forward to seeing the result!

sdm said:
Myself, Triple M, and Charge had our molds taken for the custom plugs last night. I'm looking forward to seeing the result!

Weird experience having them fitted, but well worth it!!

looking forward! quick turn around aswell (y)

Triple M said:
Weird experience having them fitted, but well worth it!!

looking forward! quick turn around aswell (y)
Haha, cheers for editing my post! Keep forgetting his name change ;]

jay walker said:
Feels slimey all that gunk gwaanin yah ear, but defo worth it
(y)
Yeah, when he pushed it from the syringe I though it was going to come out my other ear :uberlaugh

*whooooooooosh*

Grimey.

If you value your hearing (and it is a precious thing that you can never get back once it's damaged), then it's definitely worth it.

yeah man - earplugs are safe! ill be there sporting mine when evol plays vs Tech Itch at the end next friday - SICK! All they do is cut out the treble that gives you the ringin ears - you dont miss any of the bass or anythin...

Like earplugs are gonna stop yer chest rattling when "Golden Sword" drops - lol!

BIG UP earplugs, you saved me many a time!

You got it - attenuation of the most harmful frequencies is what earplugs are all about. People think it ruins the experience cause it isn't as loud any more... But they just don't get it. :/

Aaah... TI... You know what my favourite part of that track is? This bit. On a system like the valve, it just rips your head off and spits down your neck, then sews it back on. :D :D :D :D :D

http://xen.digs.the.20hz.biz/goldensword.mp3 (done for the people who dunno what the track's like... which enrages me cause everybody should have heard every single track that tech itch has ever made cause he is the mac daddy of evilness :slayer: )

Back
Top Bottom