Forthcoming Exit Releases

Thank fuck. Also been hearing some tunes off Mark System's LP floating about. There's one in Friction show this week, along with pursuit of course.

Also a Mark System track called "Waiting For A Meaningful Title" in Hospital Podcast 253 on mixcloud that hast to be the most beautiful thing I've heard in a long time.

Exit Records UK said:
Calibre - An artist who epitomises the ethos of True To The Craft. Ever since he exploded into the scene with the seminal album 'Musique Concrete', he has amassed a soulful catalogue of enviable proportions. His first outing on Exit Records was the sublime 'Overation' part of the limited edition Aptitude series, which was soon followed by multiple collaborations with dBridge. His relationship with Exit is set to continue with a 4 track EP due later in the year.

via Facebook

Quick update, Mark System LP Sampler (Optix/Pursuit) will be released 23rd March. Mark System 'Final Approach' LP on 6th April. Fixate 'Throwback Therapy' EP on 20th April. Calibre EP 4th May. All will be available 1 week before these dates exclusively from www.exitrecords.co.uk
That is, assuming theres no fuck ups in manufacturing. Fracture repress has now been repressed twice now and been sent back with mistakes. Skeptical EP repress should land in 4 weeks or so.

Quick update, Mark System LP Sampler (Optix/Pursuit) will be released 23rd March. Mark System 'Final Approach' LP on 6th April. Fixate 'Throwback Therapy' EP on 20th April. Calibre EP 4th May. All will be available 1 week before these dates exclusively from www.exitrecords.co.uk
That is, assuming theres no fuck ups in manufacturing. Fracture repress has now been repressed twice now and been sent back with mistakes. Skeptical EP repress should land in 4 weeks or so.

please can you release Optix before the 14th so I can play it in my set then? :(

marksystem-finalapproach.jpg

First gaining ground as an MC, the London drum & bass producer has been active in the genre for over a decade, with recent releases landing on labels like Warm Communications, Subtitles and Shy FX's Digital Soundboy. For Final Approach, his first foray into the world of the long-player, he's gone with dBridge's Exit Records. The label says that Final Approach "combines Mark's technical skills with his refreshing musicality," with plenty of emphasis on melody and instrumentation.

"I consider everything that I write may be my final offering," System says. "The album title relates to how my best work occurs when a deadline is approaching. Once I can quantify the time I have left, I become spontaneous and all of my ground work falls into place"

Tracklist
01. Final Approach
02. Rainfall
03. Waiting For A Meaningful Title
04. So Soon
05. Lover's Resolve
06. Pursuit
07. Optix
08. Twenty Feet Up
09. Don't You Remember
10. Fruit And Water
11. Water Pressure

Exit Records will release Final Approach in March 2015.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=28414

Anyone know how many tracks there will be on the Fixate Throwback Therapy EP?

TL:
Fixate - Untitled
Loxy - Ancients (Skeptical Remix)
Overlook - Everything Counts
Fixate - Untitled --> entitled "N20"
Fixate - Percussive Aggressive

Dexta & Bredren - Get Stupid
Fixate - Untitled
Amit - Manic Minor
Fixate - Untitled
Fixate - Sleight
Chimpo - Haymaker
Fearful - Tongues
Chimpo & Fixate - Bun It
Coleco - Induction
Chimpo & Fixate - Dumb
Fracture - Overload
Fixate - Untitled
Fixate - Throwback Therapy
Muramasa - Midas Touch
Sam Binga & Redders - Lef Dem
Tom Small - Next War (Bredren Remix)
Fixate - Sueno
Fixate - System Malfunction
Great Dane - Deezy Bounce
Fixate - Tweeker
Sam Binga - 8Barr
Remarc - RIP (Phillip D Kick Remix)
Dub Phizix - Codec
Coleco - Spatial
Fixate - Alive

Not sure on the accuracy of the tracklist, but this is my guess, assuming it is a 4-tracker

I've been waiting for the System LP forever. There are a few gems, but a lot of the tunes just don't go anywhere. They're a little too dj friendly IMO.

I've been waiting for the System LP forever. There are a few gems, but a lot of the tunes just don't go anywhere. They're a little too dj friendly IMO.
I agree! I will be all over the sampler, and that will be about it I think (there's a few nice tunes but nothing that touches Optix or Persuit IMO)

I agree! I will be all over the sampler, and that will be about it I think (there's a few nice tunes but nothing that touches Optix or Persuit IMO)

Yeh I agree too. I was pretty disappointed when I heard audio for the full LP. It all seems quite safe and doesn't push any boundaries - which I think we've all come to expect from Exit. Sampler all the way.

Back
Top Bottom