Chase & Status Feat. Dizzee Rascal - Heavy.

im supprised they played the whole thing without putting shit loads of jingles n all over it

I swear I could hear "hype hype hype" at the end of the clip... which makes me a little confused lol

But I'm pretty sure Kiss did a late night show recently similar to what BBC Radio are doing at the moment... with a few djs playing 30mins sets or so... so maybe they did it under the DJ Hype "guise" and one of the djs on the show played it

that was an exclusive to radio1 apparently.

they had the hypehypehype thing playing after loads of classics, heard it at least 10 times...i thought maybe they were using the tracks from a hype cd, but i suppose they would be mix cds

doggie-pooper-scooper.jpg

same thing with alot of genres the general public dont appreciate good dnb so it has to be dumbed down to get into the charts

the general public dont appreciate good grime music so people like dizzee rascal and chipmunk (who were both fucking sick artists before they got paid) have to dumb their shit down to get into the charts and whatnot

Grime is one of the worst for it.

It wasn't all good, but back in the day there was some quality shit going on.

Now it's all mixed with pop.

Like Tinnie Tempah was pretty raw at one point. His voice, flow and style has completely changed so it get's on radio.

Same with everyone in grime.

I mean compare Dizzee's Stop Dat or I Luv U to his more recent stuff like Dance With Me and Holiday.

Grime is one of the worst for it.

It wasn't all good, but back in the day there was some quality shit going on.

Now it's all mixed with pop.

Like Tinnie Tempah was pretty raw at one point. His voice, flow and style has completely changed so it get's on radio.

Same with everyone in grime.

I mean compare Dizzee's Stop Dat or I Luv U to his more recent stuff like Dance With Me and Holiday.

this is all true, stop dat is a massive tune, the aggression and delivery just makes it - you would never get anything from him like that now, which is a shame.

Chase & Status hate? Check

Dizzee hate? Check

Sure Dizzee dont make music like Boy In Da Corner anymore. So what? Guy wants to make a few party tunes and people bitch. Guy still got skills. Check the vid below if you think im lying....

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard this played by Fuckwit Cotton earlier on R1, not a bad tune at all I'd skank to it.

The tune isn't too bad, to be honest I'd quite glad to see Dizzee step away from the commercial charty crud he's being doing recently to record a bit more of a dirtier record. As soon as Dance Wiv Me was released he just fell into the deep hole that is commercial bling bling charts, fair enough he's making plenty money for it but for the true music lover it does nothing. Nice collab though, could be better, sirens do my nut in.

Yeah I agree on the sirens they're by far the worst part about this tune.

Siren use in general is very lazy and should be ended.

there's a lot of elitism going on over this tune, cos you're not supposed to like chase & status or dizzee rascal anymore, but they've pulled it out for this one. tune is large and people need to get used to it, cos you know it's gonna get battered over summer.

Back
Top Bottom