WHYY>>WTF

TeeHaichCee

Proh-Deuce-Ah
All my music production is done on an XP professional box...I wouldn't touch vista with a ten foot barge pole...not for music anyway.

Vista is awful,
I hope windows 7 is much more musician friendly.

Hope you manage to get your shiz back dude

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
This happened to me whilst I was actually trying to back up my files, the fucking irony of it!! I lost my all the tunes i bought, all my past mixes and lost dubs that i got sent :( Very sad day, luckly I was mashed at the time... Go snort some K or have a big spliff, it'll help the pain no end. trust!

Pissed bruv. No topic hijack, but i'm looking to get a new laptop when my student loan drops, should i be avoiding vista? I got Cubase 4 about a year ago but haven't installed it yet even so, any compatability issues will have been ironed out by now yeh?

Vista is okay but the problem is the fukin vendors havn't caught up enough wiv it yet:pat: so the shit we have on our systems cant fu**in cope with it. Shit's happened to mine man. Ad to reinstall all my stuff and lost loads.
A Big WTF!!!!!!

sook

is this an inappropriate time to suggest a mac?
not at all...
as long you go on to
suggest he run XP on it...

why do people persist with
vista... ??!??!?!

even microsoft have given up
on it... its a piece of shit...

go for stability...

functionality over aesthetic anyday...

XP is the most stable OS microsoft
have produced...

YA I THINK IT IS. FUCK VISTA MAN. I lost about 450 gigs of music

How can u make no backup with so much data?! Most HDD have only a lifetime of ca. 5 years, so theres is no way around backing up ur stuff wheter u use windows or mac.

aside from this i really doubt vista deleted ur 450 gigs, no OS simply deletes all files, probably the files are still on ur hdd. U seem not pretty related with PC & software. Go to a local pc help service and they should be able to rescue ur data. Thereby buy a backup hdd...

chromey

a.k.a Impact
VIP Junglist
How can u make no backup with so much data?! Most HDD have only a lifetime of ca. 5 years, so theres is no way around backing up ur stuff wheter u use windows or mac.

aside from this i really doubt vista deleted ur 450 gigs, no OS simply deletes all files, probably the files are still on ur hdd. U seem not pretty related with PC & software. Go to a local pc help service and they should be able to rescue ur data. Thereby buy a backup hdd...
this ^^