Why don't Hospital and RAM do tape packs?

Was chattin to the label manager at the last shogun @ lightbox and he was saying the sets from shogun were recorded.. i mentioned cd packs and he said he'll look into it.. depending what sort of demand there is for them.. i know i'd buy them!!!

I know for a fact that certain DJ's charge to be on a CD pack. Some decline for their sets not to be on there, due to their set may have not gone so well or that they played dubs that they didn't want recorded yet.

blatantly the bigger heads with more popularity as they are the ones that would get more sales for the cdpack. you know if mcs do that? i wouldnt have thought they would mind, you wouldnt go to a night purely for mcs (well i wouldnt)

Warning already do this,

http://www.warninguk.com/index.php/shop/mp3s.html

Says something like the mp3's are tagged so if someone tries to upload them they willknow who did it

Thatd be a good idea..

Maybe tape packs could be done like bbc iplayer/ 4od?

You pay a fee for the file and then you can listen for up to 30 days before it gets deleted off your comp.. having said that i guess it sort of defeats the point if you're looking to relive an awesome night from a few years back..

I'm very tempted to email tony colman to hear his thoughts on all this..

I reckon one of the problems with this would be the fact that because there label nights a lot of new dubplates get dropped and tested out etc.. If they knew that the sets were gonna be recorded and distributed to tom dick and harry then they'd surely have to cap what they play.. taking aqay sum of the magic of the night

THIS is what it all boils down to at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom