Where can I get one of these?!

Just do the second option that he suggested, saves a load of money and is a piece of piss to do :D.

Just download Audacity and then your sorted pretty much xD.

DJ NUERA

5HEAD
VIP Junglist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePOTD4h4FLg&feature=related

in that video, he has a great big 'CD writer' as he calls it.

I've recorded a mix or two onto my laptop and they've been ok quality but not great, and I get the feeling something that records direct to CD like that would be alot better? Any idea what it would be called or where I could get it? I've had a look...

thanks in advance!
Where can you get what he is using?

The 1980's by the looks of it.

DJ Wizz

Bless, Union, Force FM
VIP Junglist
well the problem really is that when I record onto my laptop they don't sound that great and there's a audible buzz

example (you can hear the buzz at the very start):
http://www.dnbshare.com/download/DubsteptoDnB.mp3.html

can anyone give me advice on fixing that?
this can be due to a number of things but most likely ur using shit cables, shit software and shit equipment, if there is a buzz it cud be a ground loop but wotm will fix this is using higher spec shizniz...

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Check your earths mate. If theres no joy after that then check your other cables. Maybe even your carts on the turntables. Maybe give the contacts a clean :2thumbs:

Blurr

Wasted Selection
VIP Junglist
Check your earths mate. If theres no joy after that then check your other cables. Maybe even your carts on the turntables. Maybe give the contacts a clean :2thumbs:
:word:

also cud be down to which point ur recording on the mixer, it cud be taking wots coming out the main gain, or taking the channel gains, with audacity u should be able to yurn off ur amp and playback while it's recording through ur laptop speakers (theoretically u could then wire ur laptop thru ur amp/mixer and her it on ur decent speakers but w/e), will be easier to piss about doing it this way rather than having to record and listen back seperatly each time u change something

DJ SCUBA

Vinyl Addict
VIP Junglist