What is recommended for me?

digifrog

Hi DnB forummers.

I'm new to the forum, I'm trying to seek out a particular sound. Having listened to underground electronic (dance) music since the early 90's I'm no stranger to the vast styles of music out there. With DnB though, I think I've stayed out of the loop for too long and have perhaps lost touch.

The album that I still rate as being one of the finest DnB releases (for me) is T-Powers 1995 album "Self Evident Truth Of An Intuitive Mind". What T Power did (specifically in their first album) was to accentuate more synthscapes around the beats and bass. Almost psychedelic, certainly conceptual, futuristic, lush synths everywhere which had priority over the beat structures. There's been a smattering of dnb from psy artists in the past (Acid Rockers, Eat Static even Shpongle dabbled). I quite like Fourier Wave Device which had that psy element to it, but since FWD hasn't produced it seems since 2004 I was hoping that there are new DnB artists with one hand firmly on the jar of LSD. So my question is, are there any artists around today (or albums in the last 5 years) that are doing now what T-Power did in 1995?? It doesn't have to be the same as, it just needs to be fresh to me. The album "Electrik Psylocibe Experience" by the Mexican psy outfit Space Fungi Project is different but has that lush synth approach (albeit in a jazz style). Needless to say that album is also in my Top 10 all time favourite releases.

If anyone can forward any recommendations, links or info it will be greatly appreciated. Indeed if you know what I'm talking about that will of course help.

Kind Regards

you might like some of seba's old stuff as well, parts of the good looking back catalogue you might find of interest.

The album that I still rate as being one of the finest DnB releases (for me) is T-Powers 1995 album "Self Evident Truth Of An Intuitive Mind". What T Power did (specifically in their first album) was to accentuate more synthscapes around the beats and bass. Almost psychedelic, certainly conceptual, futuristic, lush synths everywhere which had priority over the beat structures.

Yep, great album. Unsurprisingly not that much being made in that style now but you might like this artist
https://soundcloud.com/ijo/ijo-herbies-talking

and this guy
https://soundcloud.com/toxemiarecords/earl-grey-no-sleep-til-piccadilly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom