What is a good drum and bass tune I can A/B with?

The Riot Act!

Im just getting into producing drum and bass and am looking for a song that I can get to use as an A/B reference when producing.

Im going through my itunes now trying to find one but just wondering if you guys have some fav's that you like to reference? I know this may be a personal preference question anyways but just wanna know some tracks.

Cheers

It goes without saying that each reference track should be in a similar style to the one you are working on.
There's no point comparing, for example, minimalistic sounds to DJ Hazard...

Found one... Pendulum- Masochist

---------- Post added at 02:40 ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 ----------

On another note. Where is the best site to get this song from? And what quality should I get i.e. what is the best quality?

Don't spam multiple forums with the same stupid question. Idiot. Many of us read DoA also.

---------- Post added at 08:55 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Found one... Pendulum- Masochist

---------- Post added at 02:40 ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 ----------

On another note. Where is the best site to get this song from? And what quality should I get i.e. what is the best quality?

You might want to try giving up producing, because you are retarded.

:lol: i couldnt help but laugh at the crassness. note he didnt actually say illegal download. but to answer your question i think you should a/b all your tracks with digitals 'hard ears', that can only lead to one thing imo ie total and utter success.

If you cant figure out where to get Masochist from then there's no hope. None.

And before you even ask, the answer is "detuned saw waves, add distortion and chorus, and assign LFO to cutoff".

Last edited:
fair enough this is one of those beginner questions that get a bit monotonous but theres still no need to act like a complete doosh.

the guys clearly a complete beginner but everyone starts somewhere...im guessing a lot of people got into dnb through some of the more mainstream acts - but atleast hes on this forum, so will no doubt find a lot more deeper stuff.

but ye, just find a tune that you like that is a similar style to what youre making and a/b with that and you should be fine.

i just hope i didnt get trolled...

Wow whatever happened to the helpful people in forums. I have been producing for about a year but only recently getting into drum and bass, and sorry for posting on 2 forums I didn't think there was some sort of law against that maybe dnbforum and doa should just merge so that it doesn't happen.
And I wasn't getting at illegally downloading, when I went to purchase it it was quite expensive plus it came in a WAV, AIFF and an mp3(320) so I was simply asking what quality would be the best and where... Beatport etc...

I think some of the forum ppl need to do less trolling and more producing... Then the music can do the talking.

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

fair enough this is one of those beginner questions that get a bit monotonous but theres still no need to act like a complete doosh.

the guys clearly a complete beginner but everyone starts somewhere...im guessing a lot of people got into dnb through some of the more mainstream acts - but atleast hes on this forum, so will no doubt find a lot more deeper stuff.

but ye, just find a tune that you like that is a similar style to what youre making and a/b with that and you should be fine.

i just hope i didnt get trolled...

Cheers man I appreciate it.

Last edited:
do you mean A/B ing for final volume reference or mixdown? if it is the latter remember to reduce the volume of the reference to match yours instead of boosting your track. if it is the former, make sure you're not distorting your tune; seems to be one of the biggest recurrences in demos from beggining producers... too loud and way distorted.

i mainly use tunes from Astrophonica to ref. i also have a number of macc & doghn for comparing drums of a specific timbre.

Back
Top Bottom