VIPER RECORDINGS @ THE LIGHTBOX | SAT APRIL 10th 2010

Yeah I think it is, it says room 2 - dubstep and electro on the flyer.

I'm meeting a mate later on up town after he has been to the rugby.. probably about 5, it's going to be a messy night if I'm starting that early but I wanna take advantage of the nice weather :)

Cool, where u going before hand? Is there anywhere decent in vauxhall to booze if ur not gay?

Dunno man, I haven't actually been drinking in Vaxhall before. I'm meeting my mate in Richmond, I think we might head to Clapham for a few before we go over to Vaxhall.

Cool, yeah when I went to area I couldn't really find anywhere that decent to chill and have a few beers. Ah well, should be a laugh

Great showing off the set times before tim, nice one. I thought metrik was b2b dc breaks too.....? dunno if i can get there by 10...:(
Yes, I promise to always post the set times the day before. I hate when I go out to a night and don't know the times and miss somebody I really want to see. If you've paid your money, you should be able to know when the people you want to see are playing.

Yes, I promise to always post the set times the day before. I hate when I go out to a night and don't know the times and miss somebody I really want to see. If you've paid your money, you should be able to know when the people you want to see are playing.

Exactly nice one man, went thought the night was decent. Less packed than shogun which actually ment I could get a drink, and tge air con was working! Metrik killed it, shame he was on early, and what was jmajiks last tune...fucking filth! Ed rush and optical were decent too. Shame I missed dc breaks but everything else was decent. Swear brookes brothers have got alot better at djing to. Really tight set and played a different selection. Pulling out some different mixes. Normally can get the next tune with them. Any plans for another event? Got a lineup?

Exactly nice one man, went thought the night was decent. Less packed than shogun which actually ment I could get a drink, and tge air con was working! Metrik killed it, shame he was on early, and what was jmajiks last tune...fucking filth! Ed rush and optical were decent too. Shame I missed dc breaks but everything else was decent. Swear brookes brothers have got alot better at djing to. Really tight set and played a different selection. Pulling out some different mixes. Normally can get the next tune with them. Any plans for another event? Got a lineup?

I thought it was a wicked night.

I agree on Metrik, he played a wicked set. I had a little chat with him as well he is a really nice bloke. Again I completely agree with Brookes Brothers, there tunes selection is always spot on but sometimes the mixing is very short or just switches... last night was actually a wicked set by them. (Was it both of them, I think I only saw Dan)
Ed Rush and Optical smashed it, I lost the plot on the dance floor when they came on.

Can't wait for the next one.

I had a little chat with him as well he is a really nice bloke.

Yeah me too, nice guy.. shame I missed his set. Really good night though and the perfect level of 'busy' unlike matter.. Having no MCs at all was a little strange but actually really good imo..

I agree on Metrik, he played a wicked set. I had a little chat with him as well he is a really nice bloke. Again I completely agree with Brookes Brothers, there tunes selection is always spot on but sometimes the mixing is very short or just switches... last night was actually a wicked set by them. (Was it both of them, I think I only saw Dan)
Ed Rush and Optical smashed it, I lost the plot on the dance floor when they came on.

It was just Phil there mate. I thought it was a wicked night as well. Missed Metrik's set but J Majik & Wickaman absolutely smashed it!! Drawing for some dirtyyyy riddims!! Phil from BB played a bangin set, much better than any of the recorded ones I've got from One-Nation events etc...and Last Night on that system @ Lightbox....beautiful.

Even got into some of the dirty techy tunes that Ed Rush & Optical were dropping, was a nice change. Shame that no MC's turned up/mic didn't work? I think I saw a big fella trying to enquire about the mic, but to no avail. Or I might of been seeing things, but hey ho...

Also, I just remembered how good the Futurebound B2B Matrix set was. Futurebound is a wicked DJ!! Dropped some jungle bangers and kept it really tight. I was really impressed.

And yea I saw Det in Room 2. Still hanging around raves trying to pull defenceless (but normally rather large) women because he still hasn't grasped the concept of writing any new lyrics. Ahhhhhhhh.

Also, I just remembered how good the Futurebound B2B Matrix set was. Futurebound is a wicked DJ!! Dropped some jungle bangers and kept it really tight. I was really impressed.

And yea I saw Det in Room 2. Still hanging around raves trying to pull defenceless (but normally rather large) women because he still hasn't grasped the concept of writing any new lyrics. Ahhhhhhhh.

Yeah I knew it! And yeah he was chubby chasing by the looks of things.
And Yeah that set was sick, remembering how Futurebound dropped mr happy, without it sounding that cheesy! The tune it was mixed with carried it along nicely, didnt reconise it though.
That updated version of the edge is a fucking huge tune too

Wicked man, thanks for coming out. Ya was Phil of the Brookes there. Next lineup is almost done, will be announced fairly soon.

Ya mate Futurebound is a seriously underrated DJ, I keep trying to tell people! hehe. He's always rocking the 3-deck mixes.

LOL no comment on the second part :D

Yes m8 The Edge VIP, it's wicked. Not finished yet, will be out later in the year.

Will be looking forward to that! Is there any plans to re-press the other cuts form universal truth? Oh yeah bumped into Futurebound outside too, told him what a sterling job you were doing on the forums! Nice one Tim!

Will be looking forward to that! Is there any plans to re-press the other cuts form universal truth? Oh yeah bumped into Futurebound outside too, told him what a sterling job you were doing on the forums! Nice one Tim!
Haha nice one man. Nothing else planned atm, but that can always change.. every tune on that album could be remixed/VIP'd.

Haha nice one man. Nothing else planned atm, but that can always change.. every tune on that album could be remixed/VIP'd.

I just want a full artwork copy of American Beauty Vip to complete my collection, if you didnt know its a very hard vinyl to come across!

Oh and y'know for the next event that jacuzzi in the courtyard needs to be fired up, that would be fucking class!

Back
Top Bottom