vinyl labels

bassive

Hey guys,

Has anyone printed their own vinyl artwork? Just wondering cos a friend of mine is getting some vinyls pressed and hes in need of artwork and the labels... The place that does the pressing offered to do that but its ridiculously expensive so we thought we'd do it ourselves...? Good/bad idea? So either print at home and somehow cut them in the right shape (?) or get them printed somewhere... Any tips or help much appreciated!

Right... would you be able to do it with Crayon Maestro? Seems amazing dont it. Anyway, I was googling this and theres obviously these online printers who do this. print24 are one and they do sticker print but just wondering if those will be suitable for putting on a vinyl...? Seems like theyre pretty thick. And also I'd have to order quite a lot though, for it to be smart price wise. I'd do it at home but have no idea how to get the round cut!! :O

Afaik the pressing machines need the center label as part of the process. Even if you plan to adhere your own labels, I expect the records will come with white labels on them. I can't imagine why the labels are expensive compared to mastering, cutting the lacquers, etc. Should be around 150 £? So yes, you can get stickers made to the correct dimensions for less but the hassle sucks and end product will suffer.

This year I made a couple of rubber stamps for about 40£ that I'm using instead (but I want a home-made/vintage test press feel to the records).

Back
Top Bottom