Vinyl Cutting

Dj Jammin

VIP Junglist
So has anyone know any cutting houses in case i wanted to get any of my tunes cut? Also what sort of prices am i looking at including mastering.

Also i don't want some shitty dub that will only play like 10 times i want something i can play out alot :|

So has anyone know any cutting houses in case i wanted to get any of my tunes cut? Also what sort of prices am i looking at including mastering.

Also i don't want some shitty dub that will only play like 10 times i want something i can play out alot :|

The silver disc is what is cut... This is then used to press the vinyl... I think wat you are looking for is a dubplate... it will last alot longer than 10 plays, and I think the cost around £30 for a disc. Why not just play CD's though ????

I am not too clued up to be honest but don't see how it is vaible to just say I wanna have a pressing to play..

The tune is mastered then, it is cut onto a disc using a lathe, the disc is then treated and a metal coating added to it, or summin like that. The mastered silver disc is then used to press out the vinyl's.

Maybe sumone else has got sum more information, but you be better off hookin up with someone who already has the knowledge and is willing to help you.

Hope that is off sum help.

I dont use cd's and i don't feel like switching. I want a vinyl so i can play out when im mixing.

why dont u get 1 of these
vestax_VRX2000.JPG

Yea, I'm probably the minority on this, but I agree that CD is more cost-effective and down-right the logical best answer.
Vinyl lovers/CD haters only have nostalgia and status-symbol in their arsenal. There isn't a technical debate in the world that would end with vinyl on the winning side.

But I love everything, so yea. Fuck everyone's couch.

i get mine cut at http://www.dubstudio.co.uk/dubs/
12 inch* £35 (both sides) £25 (one side) also if u wanna look propa dappa :teeth:
10 inch* £25 (both sides) £15 (one side)
make sure if u are goin 4 a 10inch that ur track is about 5 to 6mins long......with a 12" it can b 7-8 mins long.
hope that helps mate

JTS
Alchemy
Sure there are more plafces to cut dubs..if your a cd hater..final scratch is a way around this..though I don't hate CD's they are cost effective. I just hate people who buy this technology and then download my whole collection through torrent sites when I spent my hard earnt on it. ( but if people are stupid enough to put these choons up...)

same as bad ace henry @ dubstudio cuts my stuff, and the cuts sound good + the price is cool.
you will get it back really quick too.

Unless your tunes are shit hot or you are planning to get a load done to relase or have cash to burn just use CD's....

Proper mastering etc is expensive man...

Back
Top Bottom