Vekt - Divide (Original mix) feedback please :)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Vekt, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Vekt

Vekt New Member

New track i've been working on lately. i'm no expert in mastering so excuse the poor EQ as you can probably tell by the waveform its not great.

would like feedback on the melody/structure of the song, i don't want it to get boring and i've heard it so many times it just sounds like white noise to me now.

2. ijunglistguy

ijunglistguy Member

not my style but personally i would turn down your crashes/cymbals, maybe a punchier kick

3. LVB

LVB Active Member

that bass really overpowers everything else! and it sounds like there's almost only high-end besides the bass, if that piano was a little more mid-range it would be better, besides thaat, try to make your own drums :) , it's a very good start! Keep it up :)

4. Vekt

Vekt New Member

Yeah you're right the bass is stupidly overpowered. still trying to find that balance. all the drums are my own apart from the drum fill at the first drop. theres 3 layers made up of a lead synth, supersaw and strings that are completely lost in the track from mixing aswell. think ill take it to someone who knows what they're doing :p

5. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

The programming of the sounds is nice..the piano chords have that dancey and uplifting brookes brothers vibe, the drum patterns are nicely done too. The mixdown however needs lots and lots of changing...sounds really overprocessed and weird, did u put too much compression on the tracks maybe?

6. Vekt

Vekt New Member

yeah i think i have. i think the problem is the way i've EQ'd the leads is too similar so they're phasing and cancelling eachother out, which is what is causing that almost flanged like sound in the chorus.