UK Hip Hop - Enlish Cold Lazarus Review

blackbudget

You might remember a little article we made on up and coming UK hip hop artist Enlish’s recent single ‘Arrogance Is Bliss/Messed Up’ taken from his up and coming album ‘Cold Lazarus’.

Following on from a positive response to the single Enlish has proceeded with the release of his album ‘Cold Lazarus’, being kind enough to send me the album to review for Black Budget Entertainment, so with no further adoo…

Enlish’s ‘Cold Lazarus’ is his debut full length LP but too be honest you wouldnt be able to tell from listening to it, from the start of the release you can hear that Enlish is an mc that has got his style perfected down to a t and you would think that ‘Cold Lazarus’ is his second or third full length album judging by his ability to hold down a track.

The tracks that stand out the most to me are the two from his recent single ‘Arrogance Is Bliss/Messed Up’ ‘The Brainchild ft DJ Manipulate’ ‘I Feel Good’ ‘Only Human’ and ‘Head In The Clouds’, they all have an individual feel and Enlish destroys all of them capturing the vibe of the beat with clever, well thought wordplay.

To conclude, I think that Enlish’s Cold Lazarus is a solid album that highlights his talents like a ‘Stabilo Pen’. With this release Enlish displays a pure ability to flow over a beat and actually make tracks with relevant topics, which is something that alot of artists lack.

Overall Enlish’s Cold Lazarus is a complete album that has everything you would expect of a UK hip hop LP and it is definately one of the best I have reviewed, it will be released on the 7th June 2011 and will be available on CD/Digital Album/Limited Edition USB Drive so go an cop it! We will provide a link on the day!

http://black-budget.com/uk-hip-hop-review-enlish-cold-lazarus

Back
Top Bottom