Two questions about Jubei

Dave.

Good morning Dnbforum!

As the title says i've 2 questions about jubei tracks:

.First, about the mastering:
analizyng the waveform i noted that is not mastered at 0 db
(watch this image: http://a.yfrog.com/img26/3452/jubeiwaveform.jpg )
the first waveform is Cold one (jubei remix), the second: The patience.

Is an error of audacity o is a mastering trick?

.Second: About his bass:

What kind of bass jubei use?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S--x_u8pp_I < For example the patience bass

it sounds like a lowpassed reese...but is too clean.

what's the diagnosis?

THX EVERYONE!

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
have you played his track through a meter? Maybe the mastering engineer didnt cain it hard...

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
maybe the tune isint actually mastered? Normally(inless were talking about a RAM artist...) the producer wont let the tune peak over 0db.. this would explain it. Or inless the mastering engineer didnt use any limiting plugins set to 0db?

Last edited:

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
at work at the moment so i cant check the audio. but im guessing he will be using a sine/square maybe with some slow moving filters (lpf & lfos). make a low reese and a high reese and make them move and layer it and gets some sub movement going. just a suggestion.. obv easier said than done :D

funkmod

VIP Junglist
In icicle's masterclass he actually clips the master quiet extensively . Its all about just using your ear .

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Maybe he's using a hardware interface or something because I saw in that video he had all kinds of gear. I'm pretty sure clipping in the digital domain is a solid rule

dexter

ive wondered about this in the past, EVERY song ive put through the spectrum analyzer in ableton never goes up to 0db, usually its around -6db, even the loudest newest 320s.....................?????

Top Bottom