DnB Two of my dark drum&bass productions

did you make the drums with maschine by any chance? they sound a bit familiar =p
I prefer the second track over the first,
the first one sounds a bit like it's being played in a deep cave, while the second one has some very nice higher frequenties.
the highhats could be a little louder in both tracks.

Thanks for your feedback :)

I made the drums from drumsamples. I've got a huge sample pack includes Korg, Yamaha, Akai and some more kick, snare, hat, cymball and percussion samples.

You're totally right about the first track. I made a remastered version yesterday because i thought that there weren't enough high frequencies but too much low and lowmid.

Sometimes i'm affraid of high frequencies, I don't know why and make them too quiet.

Sometimes i'm affraid of high frequencies, I don't know why and make them too quiet.

This is because you are young and have fresh, healthy ears, nothing to be afraid of, but something to keep in the back of your mind when doing mixdowns.. And maybe consider leaving the mastering to someone else, fresh ears and all that.

Thanks, all you wrote was so useful... And I think I'll learn more useful things in this forum. Otherwise, I only have problems with mastering. I know how to set the EQ parameters of the drums, basslines, sub etc. but the final mastering is always a problem for me. Especially the compressing and the EQ on the master. I got some critique because my first musics didn't have enough sub. So I started to focus on this. I solved that, but in my new musics sometimes there aren't enough high frequencies. So I think all I have to do is learn from my mistakes and show my music to my producer frineds before I make the mastered version or 'leaving the mastering to someone else' as you said. I'll work on it!

Back
Top Bottom