(TUNE) This one's hard careful! Darkside roller.

Discussion in 'Production' started by filtersweeperVC, Oct 2, 2008.

1. filtersweeperVC

filtersweeperVC filtersweeper

O>K. hopefully I got somebody's attention. I made these drums tonight after being depressed for a while about my production skills. ANyways, I thought I'd give her a shot again. I've been researching and trying different ways to create full sounding/hard drums like those you'd hear in a sick amen tune like that "Jah" tune that Hype played at fabriclive 3, (i got the podcast, it's like the 7th track in or something) Anyways, this doesn't even touch those drums, but it's just an idea for a dark roller I'd like to embark on. Obviously there will be more added, but as the core do you think it could be dug?

Top of the player something like "amen-style drums"

http://www.reverbnation.com/filtersweepervco

2. freestyle

freestyle I've been naughty, I'm banned

its ok man, you kick drum and bass(sub) hit or clash at the same frequencyy, a good mate said to a while back, its all about the frequencies/ mix, this is ok, just keep at it.

peace

3. filtersweeperVC

Will do! Thanks for feedback. It's appreciated. The bassline may not neccesarily stay, and kick can fixed for sure.

4. kama

kama benkama.net

Another one to remember with beats is dont overdo compressing, leave some punch to teh drumsound.

5. filtersweeperVC

New chopped up begining means happier ears. I like to chop up drums and then brock out one time for my mind...

6. Sala 70

Sala 70 Sala 70

7. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

Liking the drums but i dont produce so i dont really know how you could improve them, i think making the drums sound a bit more crisp and real would be good though.

Fucking loving inner skankdom though, that little breakdown at 0:45 is EPIC.

8. filtersweeperVC

Wicked , thanks man! Big ups to you. Yeah, it's all about the drums. I don't know if I'll ever be satisfied with how they sound. It's about constantly working on improving your sound. Inner skankdom, yes I like too. I wish the drums would have been better, but it's like my 4th track to date, to I can't be too hard on myself. Still learning....

9. filtersweeperVC

Re: Frequency

LOL, i've watched both of those videos so many times!! Thanks though. I actually have the dvds from the future music mag!.. check your pm

10. tormalean

tormalean Member

ez mate i'd say it needs some reece bass or something or if you own the tune called 'sonar' by trace on prototype

have a listen to it

i hope that helps

:thumbsup:

11. filtersweeperVC

That's for sure. A doctor once told me: "A hard b-line always can use a good reece."