Trying some new stuff out...

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
Sup! some people have said that my bass sounds have been sounding very much "straight from synth". So I've decided that I'd take on a new way of working with bass where I make a couple of bass patches and then modulate and cut em' up and try to fit them into the beat. Rather than working in midi and try to fit different instances of massive together.

Also: first time I'm working from a break, someone on here thought I should try it out!

Here is a short cut from what I've been messing around with recently... I think it lacks the "it" so I probably wont finnish this, but I thought I'd leave it here and see what I did right and what I should be working on.

Wall of text, there u go! :)

nice rythm n wobbles - i recon u still need more processing to get the sound ur aiming for, can see where ur goin with it, just gotta layer up those FX, phase>distortion>chorus>distortion>etc>etc>etc

you dont need to use them heavily, 5-10% probly enough on the mix control - also try getting ur wobbles to do diffrent things, duplicate your mid-bass channels up, and split the wobbles across them, and use diffrent fx chains on each wobble...hope that makes sense. have fun! :D

Ty man! At least im on the right path. I've actually been thinking about how to get some diversity in the sounds. I made 3 different bass patches who sounded very unlike each other at the start but after my stages of processing they ended up sounding very much alike. I'm gonna give what you said a go.

Thanks for the tips and tricks!

Back
Top Bottom