TIPS FOR MAKING SUB BASS!!!???

sine wave - i normally use predator or trilogy, both of which you can easily get a fat sub out of.

if you are getting a hi pitched buzz then you are either pushing it too much and it's distorting, in which case ease all ya levels back until everything's nice n crisp. Either that or you are using a shit quality sample with unwanted hi end in, in which case either see step one and just get a big fat n heavy sine out of a synth or as a last resort eq the top end out. huzzah!

what preset/instrument do you use in trilogy to make sub?

So I know this thread is old but here goes. I've figured out how to get a nice sub bass sound, but what about the wobbly effect that goes in time with the beat? Is that an LFO device. If so, what is it an LFO of? I'm still new to this and I have a lot to learn about my DAW, but I'm just lookin for some advice.:zest:

So I know this thread is old but here goes. I've figured out how to get a nice sub bass sound, but what about the wobbly effect that goes in time with the beat? Is that an LFO device. If so, what is it an LFO of? I'm still new to this and I have a lot to learn about my DAW, but I'm just lookin for some advice.:zest:

Either the cutoff on a low pass filter, or the volume. Volume might sound crappy though.
Or sometimes it's sidechained to the drum hits...!

You can also get a nice wobble from a sine wave if you detune two oscillators around 30 each way, but it's harder to control the timing of it :D

Was actually just posting as this is a thread for tips on making sub bass, tbh it was a case of tl;dr but it looks like you guys have got him sorted pretty well on making subs wobble. :)

yes, thanks for the replys. I am officially "sorted" but I am still learning as well. I just discovered that B -Complex uses my same software (Renoise) so I was amped about that. Anyways, thanks again. I've yet to try to sidechain the drums with the bass, but that is my next line of business. Take care

-tertl3

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

Tutorial by dubstep master Distance:

cool tutorial

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom