This Means War (lead guitar dnb thing)

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hi guys,

This is a new project from myself. It is called This Means War and I would like to know what you think about it. Mainly I am asking two questions: Is it muddy? and is it varied enough?? It is the first time I used a lead guitar as my lead in one of my tracks and would like to hear your opinion about the mix. Also, I think that there is enough going in the track as it is so it needed minimal FX to make it go along.
This Means War
https://soundcloud.com/menosance/this-means-war/s-Wsd3B

Do please comment :)

Thanks, Much Love,
Menosance :)

The guitar kinda dominates the other part, it is a bit loud. But its fine other than that.

Thanks man. I knew something was slightly off in the mix. Thanks for the help :)

Other opinions from other members are still welcomed!! :D

I like it : ), buildup towards the drop could have a lot more going on at least, maybe try bringing in the guitars very carefully perhaps, might just be a taste thing though : ).

I like it : ), buildup towards the drop could have a lot more going on at least, maybe try bringing in the guitars very carefully perhaps, might just be a taste thing though : ).

Wasn't expecting this from you man thanks a lot!! Will have another view at the intro sometime soon.

I love the title, you do come up with some cool names for tracks imo :) (is that judge dread 'the law' or did i totally mishear the quote ?). For me your a bit too minimalist still but perhaps that's by design, still i think you can add more and repeat a bit less.

Would love to see you spend a couple of months on a track, imo you spend too short a time on each track and repeat a bit too much. But you are improving every time :D

I'd probably try not to have too much emphasis on the guitar on a track which is otherwise quite minimal, if there was more to the track itself it'd probably fit in a bit more as whole as opposed to a solo instrument. I play guitar myself and will always hope to try and incorporate the instrument into a dnb track myself one day, so props for giving it a go mate!

I love the title, you do come up with some cool names for tracks imo :) (is that judge dread 'the law' or did i totally mishear the quote ?). For me your a bit too minimalist still but perhaps that's by design, still i think you can add more and repeat a bit less.

Would love to see you spend a couple of months on a track, imo you spend too short a time on each track and repeat a bit too much. But you are improving every time
:D

Thanks lasiien :) The quote is from a sample pack and it is said by one of the Kennedy brothers and it is saying either "The War" or "War". It was the first time that I used a heavy guitar in my tracks so mistakes could be present. Yes, I am quite minimal but I still would need to increase my FXs in my tracks. It was more of an experiment and to unleash my anger towards someone, rather than a track to be sent out to labels. I did sent the track out to Med School just for the try but not expecting anything.

I usually just take 1-2 hours to produce the track from start to finish, and another hour or less on mixing and mastering (when using sounds that I got use to - This Means War did take me much more). So when people say to take my time, I just be asking myself what shall I do since the track is finish?? And even if there need to be changes, in a hour I'll be able to finish them as well. So the whole thing of spending a month is a bit mind-boggling to me. Yes, I am always improving at least. Thanks a lot for your comments lasiien :D

- - - Updated - - -

I'd probably try not to have too much emphasis on the guitar on a track which is otherwise quite minimal, if there was more to the track itself it'd probably fit in a bit more as whole as opposed to a solo instrument. I play guitar myself and will always hope to try and incorporate the instrument into a dnb track myself one day, so props for giving it a go mate!

Thanks Zach :) It was an experiment not knowing what the reaction will be. They have been slightly positive at least. Yes, if I shall use a heavy guitar it will only be minimal. I wanted to go heavy on this one, that is why the main emphasis was on the guitar itself. Still, thanks a lot for your comments :D

Back
Top Bottom