The Hive - update

KidKut

Got the server up and running

Got the application form up (www.24seven.da.ru) > Hive page

Just sorting instructions for use for both pc and mac at the mo (should be done on the weekend)

At the moment i have the server up and running if anyone feels like setting up and helping me test by being idle in it (PC only at the mo), go here for instructions:

http://kidkut.100megs20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=329

Hopefully baring any major probs this should be ready for launch sometime over the weekend :)

So far 56kers been getting dl rates of about 5k so pretty much average for them... still should be a good source for downloading samples for you narrow banded individuals :)

Any questions/queries hit me on here or there...

jay walker said:
Launch sequence Go! Ruudest idea -
I aint got a lot on this weekend, could prolly sit on my ass an be idle all weekend :pimp: - im pretty good at that!

That would be good jay, i had a couple of peeps on yesterday and with the directory structure we made ppl stick to, it made it sooo easy to search for samples.... was sweet :)

thought id check it out :p no-one seemed to be online though.
do i need a nick and password to be able to connect??

i get this msg:

*** Connecting to 24seven.dynip.com...
*** Connected
<Hub> This Hub Is Running Neo-Modus.com Direct Connect Hub Software Version 2.0 Developer Preview 1
<Hub> Welcome to the Hive.

This is a p2p direct connect network for DnB producers to collaborate/share and gain recognition.

The rules for this hub can be found in detail at www.24seven.da.ru > hive page.

Essentially:
1. No sharing of content obtained from the hive with any other individual/program (automatic ban if found and regular searches will be made).
2. No sharing of warez/audio not by artists of the hive, you can share trial software but other than that only samples/tips/tutorials/your own work.
3. No racist or inciteful remarks, please respect each other.
4. No harassing of users of the hive, please respect other users wishes if they do not want to be bothered.

Other than point 1, you will receive one warning and then an automatic and permanent ban.

Check the forums at www.24seven.da.ru for updates about this hub.

If you have any questions/queries email kidkut @ faef@barrysworld.com

Regards,

Hive Team.

You are meant to use a nick and password by this is off at the mo while i test it....

Also i only put this on last night so very few ppl no about it at the moment, in fact there will only be people who have read this thread...

Its all about community building so try and stay idle in here as much as poss at the mo....

Last edited:
We are planning a decent test on this saturday at mid day if you could all go to that thread and follow the instructions and log in saturday at mid day that would be fantastic.

Yeah man getting a great response to this email account is chocca.

Just like to point out, for ppl that connect before monday (as you dont need an account at the mo, read instructions from thread link above) the hive will be down tonight between 8.30 - 11.30 GMT due to our radio broadcast on leetradio.com but it will be straight back up from 11.30.

Also bear in mind that this has only just been announced in the last few hours, so if its empty when you go on dont be surprised. What is helpful is if you log on and stay on there idle if need be so that we can build up the community.

Back
Top Bottom