The Future Sound of Cambridge?

Ok, I actually liked the sound of Hospital, it's the original one which brought me into drum and bass (although at first I digged Spor and Noisia). I spent nearly a year with being addicted to Hospital before I got into deep and minimal stuff. I'm not saying some of the releases they've made lately aren't crap. But I just think all the hate is not necessary. Netsky is a great producer, although not a great DJ yet, some of his tunes I don't like, but most of his production lately was on top, so was Danny Byrd's. The man himself is truly Rave Digger. This dancefloor drum and bass is the one, which is killing some crappy disco shit and makes the genre itself open to newcomers, which I consider a great job. And despite the fact I don't buy nor play out most of the Hospital new stuff, I can't say I don't like them at all. Not to mention their proper job with Med School.

Hey guys, just wanted to ask if anyone know if we will ever see another FSOC-release? Hospital have gone so downhill since the days where that sound dominated the label, bar the Nu:logic EP.

This is also an apreciation thread by the way, the forum needs one for the series that brought us the likes of Cosmonaut, Balaclava, Intervention, Together, Hammerhead, Roots Train and Coffee! The LP was fucking amazing. Hospital needs to stop with the cheese, and bring moar Cambridge goods!

The build-up to the drop on this tune still gets me.

Nu:Tone done the graveyard shift @ a Hospitality sometime last year (maybe Sept) and dropped it. One of those ones that just never gets old for me

EDIT: just realised after reading this back it was Sept 2009. Fuck sake!

i think too many people hate hospital.. netsky gets shit because he produces liquid dnb. hes still a sick producer and so is danny byrd. hospital is still a qaulity label

He gets shit because he churns out generic liquid. I mean he's already working on his second album for crying out loud. His first one only came out a few months ago. He should take a break for a year to 18 months like High Contrast does maybe doing the odd remix of N-Dubz here and there

He gets shit because he churns out generic liquid. I mean he's already working on his second album for crying out loud. His first one only came out a few months ago. He should take a break for a year to 18 months like High Contrast does maybe doing the odd remix of N-Dubz here and there

Netsky & N-Dubz

I shudder at the thought...

Well, i would say that Netsky is liquid, but he is one of the leaders in this big "dancefloor-UKF-jizz" genre. I think Netsky was way better before(and more liquid-ish), with tracks like Prisma, Hold On To Love, Lost In This World, Starlight and I Refuse. But i still quite like what he is doing, just not as much. That Tonight track is horrendous, and kinda sums up why hospital is pretty shit at the moment :/

Uhm..what I consider to be liquid is stuff like that:

or this

and now listen to netsky

Imo there is a big difference! Not trying to be a dick;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, Netsky's new stuff isn't as liquid as his old stuff, and that stuff you posted. But i think that you can easily call a tune like "I Refuse" liquid. His newer tunes are more like soft dancefloor stuff, but i guess you can kinda still call some of it liquid..

the fact intervention and troopers didnt get pressed to vinyl off FSOC 3 was pretty annoying. Spoke to logistics once and he said when they mastered intervention it the bass wasnt good enough sound quality to be pressed?. Long.

In regards to Netsky, He released an album too quickly, which was nowhere near as good as some of his single releases (Lost In This World being a favourite)
I've seen him DJ too, and it wasnt great.

I agree hospital has gone a bit downhill new music wise, havent bought a release in a while.

Looking forward to Logistics new album. Will be monstrous.
Heard there is a new High Contrast one coming soon, but I dont think anything new from him will beat High Society.

the fact intervention and troopers didnt get pressed to vinyl off FSOC 3 was pretty annoying. Spoke to logistics once and he said when they mastered intervention it the bass wasnt good enough sound quality to be pressed?. Long.

In regards to Netsky, He released an album too quickly, which was nowhere near as good as some of his single releases (Lost In This World being a favourite)
I've seen him DJ too, and it wasnt great.

Huge tunes!

Well Netsky's album was too quick-made, but there were some quality tunes and he showed a bit of diversity in production (for example Gravity or Magic Russian Bottle aren't the kind of stuff anyone is used to hear from him). As for the forthcoming High Contrast's LP, I'm really curious about this one. Haven't heard a single tune from HC for ages, so considering this he should have enough time to make it blast. I'm just not sure if it's gonna be the blast we would like :)

Well Netsky's album was too quick-made, but there were some quality tunes and he showed a bit of diversity in production (for example Gravity or Magic Russian Bottle aren't the kind of stuff anyone is used to hear from him). As for the forthcoming High Contrast's LP, I'm really curious about this one. Haven't heard a single tune from HC for ages, so considering this he should have enough time to make it blast. I'm just not sure if it's gonna be the blast we would like :)

Saw High Contrast play last Saturday and he played a fucking dangerous remix of If We Ever. I wish I had some audio but trust me when I say it was hench!

I used to be a massive hospital fan but think they have gone really downhill over the last year. Rave Digger was a really shit album and did Danny Byrd no justice whatsoever. Logistics is always good value for money and very consistent. Its a shame that Cyantific doesnt play at hospitality as much as he used to as his sets always smash it. I loved NuTones old stuff especially stuff like System and Millies Theme, dont like most of the stuff on the new album.
And Tony Coleman is a fucking knob.

Saw High Contrast play last Saturday and he played a fucking dangerous remix of If We Ever. I wish I had some audio but trust me when I say it was hench!

I was attending Hospitality yesterday, saw Logistics, High Contrast and Netsky. High Contrast played his VIP of If We Ever and I have to agree it sounds huge! Also another 2 or 3 his new tunes, which were also quality. Netsky dropped one track which I highly suspect of being his new stuff and it was definitely higher level than most of his stuff lately. As for Logistics, he dropped some mindblowing remix of Sweet Harmony and also few tunes I couldn't identify, so it might have been his new stuff aswell...proper tunage!

Back
Top Bottom