The best DnB Soft Synths

Southpaw

I want to know all your opinions on the best soft synths to use in dnb. Ofcourse I'm talking for your lead or bassline, and especially one that will do a fat sound to take care of both. I've been able to get decent bass out of Absynth, Fab Filter One, and Hydra. I want:

1. Opinions on the best soft synths for bass lines (including Reaktor ensembles).

2. Opinions on the best soft synths for analogue style leads or any nice tearing leads.

:alf: :alf: :alf:

Andydextruss said:
Absynth for pads, Reaktor for bass and leads.

I have them both and cant use either of them (well I could, but I dont), I just use the synths in Reason.

The subtractor can make some fucking brilliant sounds if you know how. :mr_cool:

The malstrom is also, a reasonable synth for sure.

Absynth 2 is a great program, pure filth on occasions.

zoob said:
The subtractor can make some fucking brilliant sounds if you know how. :mr_cool:

The malstrom is also, a reasonable synth for sure.

Absynth 2 is a great program, pure filth on occasions.

Yeah I mostly use the Subtractor for bass/leads, I use the Malstrom for weird stuff and occasionally bass/leads.

its also about the effects. if you are making darker stuff, you want some nice distortion like Ohmforce Predahom and Audio Damage Mayhem as an insert effect :)

No joke:
Free ones(check www.kvr-vst.com):
Karnage
Oberon
Da Hornet
Quantum
Worth the money:
Novation's V-Station (for "ravey" DnB)
G-Media's impOSCar (for Darkcore and ragga)
Lin Plug's Albino2 (for clean basss/leads/ambience/F-X)

Want to hear some of this in action?
Visit my website: www.noistek.com
N.JPG

diodednb said:
sucks man. Doubt you can get bad ass sounbd outta reason.. I know I can't.. I'e done it on cubase so I know its not just me!!

Yes it is you, shitloads of people can get killer sounds out of the Reason synths. Theres been a whole ton of tunes that have been released on big labels that were made in Reason. As they say a bad workman always blames the tools (dont take it too personally, but you should try harder or learn the kit better before deciding its shit). Obviously other synths are easier to get nice biog sounds out of instantly, but you cant reliably run 12 instances of them on a low spec pc along with the rest of a tune. With well chosen effects, layering and rewiring (which isnt always necessary) you can get some very fat sounds.

I'm new to Reason, only been on it for about 2 months, but I have come up with some sick sounds, all u gotta do is create a combinater wack a whole load of malstroms and subtractors, run them thro a mixer within the combinator and add 4 efects the the mixer's gates (make one of them the scream box) and just fuck with it, it's almost impossible NOT to create big bass lines this way.

Remo

Dave_Akuma said:
impOSCar and minimonsta are great for both basslines & pads..

I was then about to post about the Minimonsta, it really is an immense soft synth, the filter is really lush and the morphing feature is very cool. It also has some of the best presets I've ever heard.

All the synths on this page works for the user using them.... Personally i will try combos of plugs, get that sound then stick it in a sampler...... Then F***k with it more.....

Shortcircuit....

Kontakt....

Remo Shiva said:
I'm new to Reason, only been on it for about 2 months, but I have come up with some sick sounds, all u gotta do is create a combinater wack a whole load of malstroms and subtractors, run them thro a mixer within the combinator and add 4 efects the the mixer's gates (make one of them the scream box) and just fuck with it, it's almost impossible NOT to create big bass lines this way.

Remo

yo can you maybe post a example of it?? Just in editable reason format so I can see how you've done it! I'm pretty new to reason 2 so I can learn a lot from that file. BTW check my first (!) reason song over here: http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=17954 . And please let me know what y'all think of it!! Great thanks in advance!!!

Back
Top Bottom