Technimatic - Better Perspective LP (July 15th)

moliver777

Cj3VdYjWUAAsXCt.jpg

1. Introduction
  2. Better Perspective feat. Jinadu
  3. Parallel feat. Zara Kershaw
  4. Clockwise
  5. Out Of Reach feat. Lucy Kitchen
  6. Antihero
  7. Foreshadow (Interlude)
  8. Problems feat. Maiday
  9. Leave It Unsaid
  10. We Look For Patterns
  11. The Stage (Interlude)
  12. Trigger Warning
  13. Cold Shoulder
  14. Hold On A While feat. Jono McCleery
  15. It Must Be
Previews and preorder: http://www.shogunaudio.co.uk/shop/better-perspective-vinyl

Been waiting for this, always wondered how they were gonna top Desire Paths. And God damn I reckon they've done it.

I got the email last night but not had a chance to check out the clips yet. High expectations for this

So, er, this come out yesterday and I checked out the clips, the album is pretty much what I expected of them.

Overall a good enough album, some predictable tracks alongside some proper tunes with a bit of variety, bit like their first album Desire Paths.

Leave It Unsaid, We Look For Patterns, Trigger Warning and Cold Shoulder are all up my alley, fair play to the guys though, signed to Shogun and released two albums in the space of three years.

None of them, it's all a bit Desire Paths 2.0 imo

I'm sure the Technimatic boys won't like to hear this but yeah

Vydx which is the 'surprise' track like Techtonic in Desire Paths?
None of them, it's all a bit Desire Paths 2.0 imo

I'm sure the Technimatic boys won't like to hear this but yeah

I'd give the "surprise" track title to Trigger Warning to be honest, although it is like Tectonic.

Given this LP quite a few listens now, I really think these guys know how to create an album that makes sense from start to finish.

So, er, this come out yesterday and I checked out the clips, the album is pretty much what I expected of them.

Overall a good enough album, some predictable tracks alongside some proper tunes with a bit of variety, bit like their first album Desire Paths.

Leave It Unsaid, We Look For Patterns, Trigger Warning and Cold Shoulder are all up my alley, fair play to the guys though, signed to Shogun and released two albums in the space of three years.

Yeah I'd agree with this. I feel like it's a little 'safe', maybe it's just because they had their last album out so recently their sound hasn't evolved much. I'd say Desire Paths tops it, more stand out tracks for me (Looking for Diversion, Music is Music, Perseverance, Night Vision killed it).

been listening to this on repeat for a few days, really liking the album-ness feel of the tracks. seems like they are one of the few producers that can make something cohesive while still writing tracks that have different vibes. Agree it doesn't have any standout tunes like tectonic on the last one but still a really solid effort. side hustle is probably my favourite track but all of the one with vocals on are strong as well.

At first I also thought this was Desire Paths v2, but I'm really feeling this album, more so than Desire Paths actually. They really do know how to put an album together that you can listen to all the way through, without skipping any tracks.

Hold On A While wins it for me.

Not blown away by this album. The only tune that I'm really feeling is Antihero, there's a few that I like but don't love and the rest just sounds a bit...boring? I think I've just grown tired of the Technimatic sound, which is a shame because these guys were among my favourite artists for years.

Checked this LP out yesterday.
I think because i confused Technimatic with Technicolor (who did Bukem's Music remix, which i liked a lot).

Honestly, i dont get this kind of DnB.
Everything about it is a cliche, from the campy vocals to the poppy trance and the boring two step.

If you look at the history of "liquid" DnB, there were always influences.
From Jazz Fusion to House and Detroit Techno. The Disco samples and Soul Diva vocals.
Even Lalo Schifrin, Film Noir and Electro.

What are the influences here ?
Destiny's Child and Evanescence ???
Is this DnB for the autotune generation ?

Checked this LP out yesterday.
I think because i confused Technimatic with Technicolor (who did Bukem's Music remix, which i liked a lot).

Honestly, i dont get this kind of DnB.
Everything about it is a cliche, from the campy vocals to the poppy trance and the boring two step.

If you look at the history of "liquid" DnB, there were always influences.
From Jazz Fusion to House and Detroit Techno. The Disco samples and Soul Diva vocals.
Even Lalo Schifrin, Film Noir and Electro.

What are the influences here ?
Destiny's Child and Evanescence ???
Is this DnB for the autotune generation ?

yo technicolour and komatic are technimatic btw, haven't checked the previews to this yet but I did like desired paths so hopefully this has some decent tunes on it

Listening through the album and rate a lot of the tunes, nothing stands out like searching for diversion did, but all of such generally high quality that it's hard for tunes to really stand out.

Will get a lot of rotations

Back
Top Bottom