synths, plugins etc. (mac)

Discussion in 'Production' started by kenny d, Feb 22, 2010.

1. kenny d

kenny d New Member

ez people,

basicly i have recently bought a mac running logic and was wondering how i go about getting good synths and plugins etc.

i have looked into torrents and just get confused if anyone has any good links or just advice in genral on logic please drop a comment

thanks

2. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

yeah, i got an advice. buy your software.

here's a list with free mac instruments and effects, and many are capable of professional sound. (y)

3. DJPancake

DJPancake NEW NAME IS DJ INCLINED

I don't have Logic, but i do have GarageBand since i have mac, the plug-ins have to be in AU format (audio unit) Oddly enough most AUs are only effects. But there is a converter for converting VST to AU out there, just google it and it'll come right up.

I use Reason for instruments, the Thor synthesizer is considered one of the most powerful synths, with three oscillators, three routable filters, 2 LFO, step sequencer, velocity changes, mod/pitch wheels, automate/remote override anything, too many to type.
    http://www.kreativsounds.com/images/propellerheads/propellerheads-thor-modular-synthesizer.png

4. druu

druu Member

There's nothing wrong with logics built in plugs! ES2 and ESX24 have some amazing sounds out of the box! Also, all your garaband plugs will appear in logic, so check those out too.