Summer Mix - Rolling/Upfront/

KAPTIV

Hi all,

Recorded this back in the summer - off the cuff on three turntables and a xone 92, enjoyy.

Tracklist:
RINJANI - PHIL TANGENT
COUNT TO TEN - DRS
STAR VOYAGER - S.P.Y
TEARS - JOAKIM
FIGHTER (UNREAL REMIX) - DR MEAKER
THE ANSWER - MOB TACTICS
TUSCAN ORDER - TOTAL RECALL
LOST ALONG THE WAY - TECHIMATIC
HEADLOCK (HIGH CONTRAST REMIX) - IMOGEN HEAP
NEVER LET YOU GO (BLU MAR TEN REMIX) - SEBA
FOLLOW THE LIGHT - SUB FOCUS
ATLANTIS (MARKY & SPY REMIX) - LTJ BUKEM
GHETTO SOUNDS - LEVEL 2
TOGETHER - LOGISTICS

Last edited:
There are some good tracks in here, but I felt that they don't really match each others moods so the mix was a little confused.

For example, RINJANI has quite an emotional feel to it but Jenna G's soulful / disco voice takes me out of it.
TUSCAN ORDER, LOST ALONG THE WAY, HEADLOCK,NEVER LET YOU GO is another section which was a little jarring.
I think your theme throughout is a rollers mix and as I said there some great tracks but flow wasn't quite right for me.

I've also got a mix in the comp which uses a couple of similar tracks, perhaps you'll understand my style more if you listen to it (and feedback of course).
http://dnbforum.com/threads/d-e-d-bearcast-ep-009-guest-mix.187741/

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback bro, ill check your mix and feedback. In terms of my style, I tend to cross sub genres when I play out and this was an off the cuff mix so just represented what I drew for at the time. Agreed that it could have been strict rollers but I like to mix it up to keep interest. Safe

Agreed, this makes more sense for a mix you play out, as you say to keep interest / find what the audience want.
Feel free to feedback on my mix too, always looking for comments, good or bad. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom