SuBKA - Paralyzed (Jump Up DNB)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by SuBKA, Nov 18, 2013.

1. SuBKA

SuBKA Member

Here is my latest track. It's called "Paralyzed" and during making the track I gained a lot of experience working with NI Massive, which I was struggling with a lot at first.
    Was a lot of fun to make the track for me personally and I think the outcome is pretty okay, I gotta say, I changed the bassline and bass sound of this track like 10 times before I was pleased. :)

2. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

not quite my style,but i gotta feeling that bass is to loud,i would bring drum beat more in front of mix..

3. Northern Seagul

Northern Seagul Active Member

nice bass in intro, good beat! :)

4. SuBKA

SuBKA Member

thank you! don't know if the bass is too loud though, I don't think the drums drown in the bass so it seemed okay to me. Just the sub is slightly too dominant, maybe something I will change when making a VIP of this track some day.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  5. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

This really isnt far off mate! Good work on the sound design! personally I recon there is too much verb on that stab at the beginning of the bar, work on the mix down too, slap a jump track in your DAW and check how they use frequencies

6. Reloaded

Reloaded New Member

I like it! You have nailed the jump up energy, love the drop. I agree that the bass is louder than the beat. It should be the other way around for dnb the beat should be louder so it remains prominent after mastering etc!

7. SuBKA

SuBKA Member

Thanks alot guys! I'm so happy to finally make some progress in that filthy sound design! :D
    Yeah, I realized when listening to it on my big speakers (I produce with headphones), the Sub Bass is too loud.

8. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

Dope man, subbass is too loud indeed haha. I like it overall! But, I'd pick a snare with a longer tail (one that fades out longer) as you mostly hear in tracks by Annix. I also just got into producing (jump up), if you wanna hear it: https://soundcloud.com/jordy-beckers/bringer-of-rain

Keep this up!