started something new

I left feedback,

"Your Limit is really loud. The Strings sound a bit dry to me, perhaps a smidge of reverb or delay could liven 'em up. 1:06 - That Drop is proper filthy! Something about your Strings isn't sitting well with me. 1:30 - Now... that's cool!! I like what you did to the Strings there. I think you need to do something creative with the other String placements because they sound too dry. 2:00 - Nice Edits and progression on the Bass, RAWWWW!!!! I'm really loving the Sub work, naaaasty. Breakdown is fun, that Pianoish Layer compliments your Bass well. 3:23ish - More FUN Leadwork, nice... lovin' the effects and automation going down there. That Bass is fucking badass, man... really cool sounding tune. I think your Limit/Master is too much, it's distorting at high volumes in my cheap PC headphones. :jam:"

Yeah I think the strings sound a bit dry still on the intro, everything else in the intro sounds nice though. the strings at 0:45 might sound better with another string layer an octave or two down.

The strings don't really work with the bass drop for me, from the intro I was expecting a liquid tune with a more minimal bassline with musical samples. Those string sounds get a bit repetitive after a while. Yeah I really like the intro and breakdown. The second drop sounds sick though when it's the halfstep beat.

All down to taste though so if you like it roll with it :)

Thanks! yeah i had the problem that i could not fit the strings with a lower ocatve layer into the arrangement. They were competing with the bass:/. I will try to work on that!

Back
Top Bottom