Spor squelch sound?

Discussion in 'Production' started by Dj Locust, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Dj Locust

Dj Locust Member

Hey mates....
    First off: No its not a typical "how to make a noisia/spor bassline" thread :mrpanic:

But i'm trying to recreate that spor "squelch" sound... dont know how to describe it....
    A few samples:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjB5fgwCc4o Spor Pacifica (0:30)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bp9NMRyBWE Spor Breahte in Scream out (03:44)

I know about layering & stuff, but i never get the "squelch" ;)
    Any help would be appreciated!
    locust

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

move the filter about on a saw with sum FM modulation, try quick ramp/saw shape automation, with lots of rez. lots of eq then compress heavily

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

also pitching an FM'd saw/square right down (-20semitones) can give u some pretty nasssty sounds

3. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

mess around on the filter cutoff of a reece, and distort the shit out of it.

That really is how you do it, and specifics would take the fun out of it

4. Nacon

Nacon Vidual

Nah, what you need is, Very low notes and lots of distortion applied to them. And then Layered and careful EQ added.

Listen to my track at 1:00 i've made something very similar, only got my twists to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  5. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

Starting at the top of the modwheel (highpassing) and sweeping downwards at the fills and for the rest start from the bottom of the modwheel and sweep up in patterns or combining the two make for some sweet effects btw

6. Dj Locust

Dj Locust Member

thanks for the help, mates !!

7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

honestly, a 'how does spor this and that' thread wont get you anywhere. there are as many theories on it as there are producers, and spor certainly hasnt and probably isnt going to spill the beans.

your best bet is this http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?71837-DIRTY-BASSLINES-EXCHANGE-THREAD-HOW2! there are tutorials and lots of discussion on how to make grimey reeces, honestly, it opened up a whole new world for me