Spor squelch sound?

move the filter about on a saw with sum FM modulation, try quick ramp/saw shape automation, with lots of rez. lots of eq then compress heavily

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

also pitching an FM'd saw/square right down (-20semitones) can give u some pretty nasssty sounds

mess around on the filter cutoff of a reece, and distort the shit out of it.

That really is how you do it, and specifics would take the fun out of it

Nah, what you need is, Very low notes and lots of distortion applied to them. And then Layered and careful EQ added.

Listen to my track at 1:00 i've made something very similar, only got my twists to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting at the top of the modwheel (highpassing) and sweeping downwards at the fills and for the rest start from the bottom of the modwheel and sweep up in patterns or combining the two make for some sweet effects btw

honestly, a 'how does spor this and that' thread wont get you anywhere. there are as many theories on it as there are producers, and spor certainly hasnt and probably isnt going to spill the beans.

your best bet is this http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?71837-DIRTY-BASSLINES-EXCHANGE-THREAD-HOW2! there are tutorials and lots of discussion on how to make grimey reeces, honestly, it opened up a whole new world for me

Back
Top Bottom