Soundcloud Dropbox

DjCartel

VIP Junglist
Yo, i was wondering if anyone knows how the soundcloud dropbox works? Ive uplaoded a tune to various lables drop box's, but i have no idea how i can track whether or not they've listened to it? Is it possible to track? anyone got any ideas.

also, Aim, what exactly is aim? Is it just like an email address that you can share files with? If i emailed a soundcloud link to an aim address would it work? Sorry if these are stupid q's....

In my experience, I have not found how to track if they listen to it. Could be that they did not listen though lol.

AIM is a messenger program where you can chat, send files, etc. You have to have a username to use it. You can send a Soundcloud link to someone through the chat feature if you have their username.

AIM is like msn. Producers use is to transfer tracks and promos to labels and whatever. What you usually do is you log in with your account in the software you have downloaded for AIM. Add buddies (friends/producers/labels) to your account. Select your buddy that you would like to send your file to (eg. Hospital Records - hospitaldubs) and let it upload it to hospital. You send them an mp3 file not link usually though, unless they ask you for links.

Now for Soundcloud, what I usually do is I upload the track to just one label with no plays on. If there is a play count of 1 then that means that the label has seen it since they played the track. Now, this is time consuming so what you could do is to send it to a max of 3 labels that are in different countries(eg. Demand Records is Swiss, Ram Records is in the UK and Icarus Audio is in the US) and then if you look up for the statistics of the track you'll see that it has a play from 3 different countries. Like I said, this only works if they are in different countries. Sending it to 3 british labels would leave you baffled as to whom has seen the track.

You can make a track or set private then "share with" the label/person you want.

Then if you have a premium account you can see who has listened / downloaded your track.

ok cheers guys, think i get you all. i have shared in a couple of drop boxes, so ill just waiti until the play count goes up! might get aim aswell. cheers gents

Back
Top Bottom