Soundcard shorts out/ disconnects frequently?!

JJBJJB

Hi,

Can anybody help me out?
Im trying to figure out why my focusrite sound card shorts out or disconnects every now and then.
I have this morning found something out -
Although the sound card disconnects on its own randomly, I have been able to make it short out, by touching the bare ends of my cdj red and white cables coming from the cdjs ( cdjs are turned off not on!) to my reloop mix controller - this happened by mistake as the cables are resting near the mix controller ( which has a metal case )

Even so, this still makes no sense as it would be a earth loop imbalance? the cdjs are off, which means that it must be the static built up in the cdjs, which is making an imbalance down to earth, causing a short via the mix controller, back to the plug where my pc, cdjs, mix controller etc are plugged in?!

Sometimes. when I am working on a tune, the sound card will disconnect then reconnect with no reason, no cables touching, just phantom short. which tells me the usb drive is not getting enough power? and therefore keeps switching off and on when it lags power.

PC is quite new, lots of USB 2.0 ports. tried them all, cannot find a solution for it and its pissssssing annoying. anyone else?

Do you leave your phone next to it? I noticed some interference, specially when receiving data.

Also, there must be a OS problem, as sometimes my win10 laptop randomly disconnects my interface (aka "forgets" the correct driver).

Cheers ppl -
Unfortunately, the only update I can do now is upgrade to Windows 10 -.-

It disconnects at random if I'm honest. Sometimes the white red cables don't touch and it still turns on and off.
Definitely, something up with this PC.

Tried another cable?
I was having MAD dropouts with my UAD Apollo for a year. Couldnt say what caused it. Finally emailed UAD and they said, "Have you tried another Thunderbolt cable?"
That fixed it entirely. Had tried everything...but not the cable.
Also, if you have a USB hub, try without it.

Hi,

Can anybody help me out?
Im trying to figure out why my focusrite sound card shorts out or disconnects every now and then.
I have this morning found something out -
Although the sound card disconnects on its own randomly, I have been able to make it short out, by touching the bare ends of my cdj red and white cables coming from the cdjs ( cdjs are turned off not on!) to my reloop mix controller - this happened by mistake as the cables are resting near the mix controller ( which has a metal case )

Even so, this still makes no sense as it would be a earth loop imbalance? the cdjs are off, which means that it must be the static built up in the cdjs, which is making an imbalance down to earth, causing a short via the mix controller, back to the plug where my pc, cdjs, mix controller etc are plugged in?!

Sometimes. when I am working on a tune, the sound card will disconnect then reconnect with no reason, no cables touching, just phantom short. which tells me the usb drive is not getting enough power? and therefore keeps switching off and on when it lags power.

PC is quite new, lots of USB 2.0 ports. tried them all, cannot find a solution for it and its pissssssing annoying. anyone else?

Hey man, I was having the same problem with a Focusrite 18i20, I got it to work fine by just closing the Scarlett mixcontrol software, seems to be rather buggy and the soundcard disconnected constantly when the software was open. You don't need to leave it open anyways, just change your settings to whatever you need for your current setup, and close.

Back
Top Bottom