sound input on laptop shitty?

skys.dnb

this probably isnt in the right place for this -

but im trying to record a mix - this is the first time i have on this laptop - and the sound quality is so incredibly shitty - real tinny and it fades in and out abit. i tried changing the sound input settings for the laptop made no difference. its nothing to do with the decks or the connection because it worked fine on the old pc. so what could it be? i did format everything and reinstall drivers last week but everything says its working fine. so what else can i try?

Some are just shitty tbh, especially if they are the built in ones.

Some laptops have settings in the sound card control software that make the line in act as a mic in, possibly trying to cancel noise and boosting quiet parts as well as smoothing down louder parts. There might be special settings that do this in the control software. But I guess if you've tried that already so I'm thinking its just a crappy sound chip.

At the moment I'm just uaing a fairly cheap Kam USB audio interface thingy.
Recording from my mixers record out outputs is fine. playing audio however seems to be a bit ropey.

Might be something to look into if your laptops onboard line in/mic isn't able/designed to cope with the banging DNB being pumped through it :).

Back
Top Bottom