DnB So far so good?

Nicholas Stigma

STEADY ON OL' CHAP
So far so good? I need a Feedback!

Hey, This is my work. Its about 5 days in developement, I didn't knew to create a *cough* masterpiece takes so long..
It's not finished obviously, but here is a preview of the half of the song..

I really need a feedback, either its negative either its positive.
Disliking this means something needs to be fixed, Liking this song encourages me and makes me smile :)

Something went wrong, re-uploaded

So guys start Judging :)

Last edited:
Re: So far so good? I need a Feedback!

I love the experimental-ness to it :)

One thing I recommend is along with that bass, also add a deep sine wave, but don't mix it in with the same effects of the other bass, keep it cut low and also don't do much stereo enhancement to it (but enough to make it sound deep)

Some crazy stuff going on here man,nice bassline but try synchronize more with the beat it seems it is out of order,everything else seems fine,nice drums btw...

Definately diggin the crazyness of it all. But it does need alot of work. Start by bringing the volume of the bassline down a couple db, and sidechain it to your kick, right now the kick is almost non existent because it's being drowned out by the bass. Also, some subtle EQ cuts along the bass frequency, where your snares sit would also help them punch through the bass more.

Agree with what the guy above said about layering a nice subtle sine wave sub underneath the bass, however, DO NOT stereo enhance it in anyway like he mentions.......Stereo enhancing a sub / sine is a big no no! By doing this you are essentially throwing it out wider in the mix, and sub layers do not like to sit wide. They are better if they are mono. Also, if you were to stereo enhance a sub / sine, it can introduce unwanted spikes in the frequencies which can lead to you over or under compensating within other frequncy spectrums.

EDIT ; Apologies, I misread his post, he actually says dont do much stereo enhancement ( I should learn to read properly before jumping on a topic lol!)

another gr8 track which needs mixdown work...keep at it!!

jus an opinion...maybe could do with some more "musical" ideas during breaks to add contrast

Back
Top Bottom