DnB So confused with it

AcidShroom

There is one project that i've had sooo much mindcracking with and its:

I started and made the intro a few months ago, then i had this stuckness with it, never progressed and when i did the drop didnt match the intro. Weird is that i can't use the melody from the intro, only the chords , but idk...I wanna finish it, but i'm never pleased with it ..:(

any feedback would be appreciated and do u think the drop suits the intro?

EDIT: i forgot the unlicensed voxengo span on again, it'll randomly cancel audio on certain part for a ms

I used to have the same trouble. Went through a writers block for ages. Open up, start on a tune and write a half decent intro. Nek minnit stuck with trying to write a drop and a bassline etc. If you're having trouble with it, best advice is put it away for a rainy day. I have had the luck of going through all my unfinished projects and something will pop up I will be back into it.

Anyways enough dribbling shit, having a listen now. I am really digging that intro and those vocals. But the drop itself is lacking. Maybe get a nice lead synth happening at the drop and maybe some gentle kick drums building into it. Maybe have that "oooioooOO" sample turned up a bit. Bring the another couple of lines of the vocalist and a soft lp filtered break in the background from the 32nd bar. The main verse needs something in it just to give it a bit more presence. Sorry to carry on. I am just writing this as I listen. Sounds like a labour of love and with a bit of a rest from it for longer you will find that magic to turn it into a really soulful deep tune :)

DK

Thanks for the feedback. I tend to start from the drop nowadays, it's alot easier for me this way, but yea. Writer's block sucks sooo much, i'm going to delve into an other genre just to fresh my mind up again.
Maybe i'll pick the project up someday, but well on to a new one! :D

Haha yeah man. If you listen to my new tune that I posted before, not the Netsky type one. I wrote that in a day. Creative juices are flowing again.

I start alot of my tunes with a bassline or a nice cheeky lead hook. But even then I have had trouble doing an intro for a decent drop haha. Can't win sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom