slicing beats

omowglio

when you get a break loop sample what programs can you use to make your own breaks at drum n bass standard and how the hell do u do it ? (aprt from recycle)

obviously you have to speed it up but y does it matter taht you get it in the same pitch ?

Steinberg......
- press '3' (scissor shortcut)
- press 'j' (snap off)
- cut to your hearts content

or

-dbl click the sample
-right click then hot point edit
-adjust the sensitivity
-drag hit points to the correct
places (if the are out)
-hold alt to and click the hitpoints
to remove them if there are any
you dont want.
-right click then hitpoints menu
then create audio slices from hitpoints
-enter the tempo of the original loop (if you know it)
-press 'q' for quantise....
-if you want to group them together
again without bouncing select the
samples you want to group then
right click audio menu - events to part....
now they are grouped again...
-right click audio then disolve part
to ungroup...

Yep, you can most def use the 2 methods that Sook mentions above. Both are great ways and simple too!
You could also use a sampler like Kontakt2 or K3 or Logics EXS24 to slice up your beats so that you can then use midi to make your beat patterns.

I get better beats when i use the K2K3 method!
I dont know why... i just do. :)

That covers the most popular methods.

What method will best suit you?
Only you can decide for yourself.
Try them both out!

ez

I've been fooling around w/ a program called wavelab for Mac..
(Free download), might not be as good as some of the other alternatives but you can still use it to do some decent cut and slice..
Depends how or what you want to go about your production..

u can use any decent DAW to slice things up right away (acid, steinberg as mentioned earlier, etc.) theres also recycle like you said, and fxpansion guru.

open in RECYCLE 2.0 -- select slices at the beginning of the beats (leave room for the attack of each hit), save as RX2

import into an RX2 player (Dr. Rex in reason, FL Slicer or SliceEx in FLStudio, not sure on cubase)

Many ways to do it as you see, but the most efficient way depends on what you do your tracks in. If you use reason, its not really useful to use cubase for beat slicing, or if you use fruity there's no need for REX's.

Back
Top Bottom