Set up ideas???

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Beckz MC, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Beckz MC

Beckz MC Member

I've wanted to get my own equipment for ages now (i can mix but i only get chance when i go round my mates)
    I want 2 cdjs and a mixer to start, i have a sound system i will put up with using until i get some monitors/speakers and amp etc.

Was just wondering which cdj/mixer i should go for. I dont have the money for the daddy pioneers and stuff but i would want something decent which i wouldnt need to upgrade for a bit wudnt be too different from mixing on pioneers when/IF i play out. i want them asap and basically 400-700 quid. i could spend more but that would involve saving for a few months and i really really cant do that ive waited for about 3-4 years to get some lol.

ANY help would be appreciated.

2. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

second hand pioneers

3. Beckz MC

Beckz MC Member

lmao good point.
    where would i look to get those?
    ebay is not helping me

4. Fire starter

Fire starter Active Member

It's either eBay or Gumtree. If not get some new ones of dj fiancee .0% fiancee spread the cost using there 24 month plan. I got my self 3 x pioneer cdj 900 from them. It's a fantastic company I will defiantly be using them again when I get my 4th cdj

5. DOOVD

DOOVD Member

second hand electronics might not be a very good idea cuz you get no warranty, then if theres a problem you re fucked. have a look at Numark's Axis 9, they re pretty good decks for a beginner start up. Mixer-wise, check out Gemini's PS424x has it should have all that u need

6. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

this is also true,
    the lack of warranty can be a worry, but if you get a good pair then its fine.

seach 800 mk2s on ebay, should be around 5-600ish

7. Beckz MC

Beckz MC Member

Im liking the DJ finance thing and i've just had a look.
    Considering the fact that i only been at my company for 2 months you reckon they will fail my application because i havent been in the job long enough to be a 'stable' investment?

8. CPR

CPR Codec - Mirrors Audio

you can get 2 x pioneer cdj 200's for like 600 or so off amazon brand new, i wouldnt trust second hand cdj's no warranty, liable to break ect ect ect

9. Fire starter

Fire starter Active Member

If your gonna fork out the cash for pioneers don't get anything below the 800's.

The 800's have the same jog wheel, play/cue buttons and the same pitch as the top end models. Which is what you want to be practising on if your looking to play out ever.