Samples Vs Synthesis Programs

I feel that synths allow for more flexible bass lines than samples, so I always make basses from synths. For example, you can automate FM modulation and superimpose other waveforms to give really unique character to the bass not possible in other ways

es2 is a sick synth if you stick with it, 90% of my basses are done with it. Just keep on it, and it will start to work out for you

^^^^Agree with posts above,use everything you wish it doesn't matter as long as you don`t just drop some samples without chopping,rearranging them,and do some filtering on them so that you end up with some different sound.I personaly enjoy recording sounds from different synths and then do some crazy processing on them,and end up with trully unique sounds.Only limit is you creativity..

es2 is a sick synth if you stick with it, 90% of my basses are done with it. Just keep on it, and it will start to work out for you

^this. The es2 really is my go to synth. It's capable of some fuckin' sick sounds. The vector mode is MAJORLY underrated and usually overlooked.

I've found that most of it happens outside the vst. Be it, distortion, modulation, usually when I see guys talk about neurofunk bass and such they use NI Kontakt, which is really just a lot of effects you can apply to your reese you have made in Massive, for instance, and the sampled and put into kontakt (I don't have Kontakt, so I have limited experience with it, though). I still have a hard time making those moving synths, but it helps alot to sample it (Or just put some effects on the inserts of the vst), and then go wherever you like, no boundaries. Usually when I wanna make something gritty I just slam ohmicide on massive, and experiement till satisfied - sometimes loads of layered distortion.

Back
Top Bottom