Rihanna - Rude Boy (TruOmega DnB Remix) Rough Mix

Mate thats awesome, really like it. Synths sound clean and bass is rollin like it should. Drums nice too. Piano part is great, I expect that you play keyboard quite well judging from this?

My constructive advice is to fill in nearly the whole song with beats, even in a quiter solo female parts and synth solos put a sweet hifi rhythm over the top with some shakers and open/closed hats. That way it will feel more as if they are building up to when the snare comes in.

Also the main drop on the bass when its solo with the drums is a bit of a dischordant sequence. Now you dont have to have perfect chord sequence based basses for DNb at all, but I think that the nice tones used in seconds 10-22 (assuming its in A it would be Amin, Cmaj, Gmaj, Amim, Gmaj, Emaj or just the sequence +3 semitones -5 semitones +2 semitones -2 semitones -3 semitones) Now using that the bass riff will sound perfectky in key with the tune, you could even dub the vocals back over whilst the bass is rolling if you get it exact and it should not clash.

Out of interest where did you get the vocal line to play around with?

nice ideas man kinda trancey vibe in places, like the synths at around 0.55. i think the drums could do with beefing up a bit, and being a little less static. if u put in some more hits, or change velocities on the existing ones, or work a break into there, or just generalyl layer it up i think u will really hear the difference. just out of interest, how did u find out the bpm of the acapella?

I'm not really a one tracked producer, i produced most R&B and Pop but I experiment at so you might hear different elements of different genres in there.

erm i got the accapella from www.blacklabelled.com

and

i worked out the BPM by tapping it out on FL.

Thanks for the feedback btw, much appreciated.

Peace

the vocal intro sound good...not sure about the the fast-gated synth...sounds needs more energy...

the drums needs more work,it can be a massive drop that way...loving the second drop better tbh...

you got good sense of drumming mate :) full respect to that!

Back
Top Bottom