REGGAE d&b

Biobaze

Sex, Drugs & D'n'B
I'm having problems when I try to sample a reggae acapella to remix it... :confused:

I can sample those pellas which are in a low tempo (like 80-90 bmp) beacause then i put the drums twice as fast (like 160-180). The problem is when i try to use those reggaes that have a tempo like 120bmp I just can't match them with the drums, how do you do that? Even when mixing...

I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this but i just couldn't find any.

peace, Bio

either strech the pella with something like soundforge or chop it into bits and pieces. stretching would be easier but that makes it fuzzy and lo-fi. I've tried to mess with 3/4 times but it's difficult :clown:

if the acapellas are two really different bpms then you'll either make them sound too fast or too slow and it will distort them. never back away from a challenge if you really like the vocal and have some good ideas but if your sample sounds too distorted then maybe it won't work.

have you tried just cutting little snippets out of the vocal instead of using it all in one hit? the little samples might be easier to timestretch.

yeah

i found that it was easier to make various cuttings from the pella... i also do that because many reggae songs are recorded with live instruments and they do not have a constant tempo, so i cut them to stay on time even if it's a good tempo to mix with

thanks ppl

Back
Top Bottom