Recording streamed radio shows

SamboG

Sup Sluts
In the good old days, when i wanted to record a radio show, i'd hit the play and record button on the tape deck :cool:! Nowadays, it's a different ball game and i was wondering what people use to actually record all the radio shows that get posted in the "Mixes" section of the forum.

Can you even record a streamed radio show?

Cheers

relevant_cat_430.jpg

I've done it a couple of times by runnin a cable from the speaker connection in my laptop through the 3rd channel on my mixer, and then back from the booth out into the line-in on my laptop. And just recording into audacity the sound from line in. If that makes any sense? Its not the easiest way to do it, but it works pretty well.

I think ya need something called a stream grabber to do it properly... i think they cost ££ though

Buy one of them freeview boxes with a recorder on it.....thats how Mr DnB does it im sure of it OR get ya self a DAB radio with a recored mode on it....:teeth:

A program called wavepad will record anything your pc is emitting, i think someone also posted a toolbar radio intenet recorder on dnbforum a few weeks back mate.

Back
Top Bottom