Record labels..

Textbook

BUTTER
VIP Junglist
I didnt see a thread on this already but quite keen to learn somethin about it...

i read now n then about people always starting up their own labels..

heard nu:tone is starting one, C&S starting a dubstep one.. prbly more i cant think of right now..

so why does everyone like to start their own, apart from i can see they control what is released, how its released etc.. but if it was that easy, wouldnt everyone be doing it?

or is it just the start up factor, or money just the big issue?

Cheers and gone!

I didnt see a thread on this already but quite keen to learn somethin about it...

i read now n then about people always starting up their own labels..

heard nu:tone is starting one, C&S starting a dubstep one.. prbly more i cant think of right now..

so why does everyone like to start their own, apart from i can see they control what is released, how its released etc.. but if it was that easy, wouldnt everyone be doing it?

or is it just the start up factor, or money just the big issue?

Cheers and gone!

"make muny, make muny, muny, munay!"

obv as a label u take the larger slice of the profit pie, in dnb there aint too much to be made in releasing music, esspecially if ur just a producer. Cut out the middle man n do ur own thing. If you release your own productions u take 100% of the profit, but u obv have more financial input and theres more risk on u.

Also i think its the dream of many a music head to be running their own imprint, i no its mine :)

Nu:tone has been releasing music for quite a while under the label brandnu.

safe. x

yeah id love to have my own label! that would rock!
dont see it happening tho lol

think it just allows you to put at the music that makes your heart move. there's countless tunes i've heard that i thought 'wow, i wish i'd discovered that and shared it with the world'
i think it's a big thing to stand up and but your faith behind a track that you think is worth it.

and yeah, i guess money is an issue. you can't really get away with running a label on the cheap. there's loads of behind the scenes stuff that people take for granted.

Part of it is to be able to get 100% of the profit instead of the 50%, sometimes it's because you get sick of working by other peoples' rules.

Once you're a big name then it's a good idea but there are always loads of labels out there that are really not good enough

Yeah I've been wondering myself.

Q project is a good example.

heads the CIA label with spinback

is signed to the hospital records label

annnnd has his own label called machinefunk

its like huh? the point?

Back
Top Bottom