Record Collecting

I buy vinyl usually if its a vinyl only tune or something collectible like Rockwell reverse engineering... Label printed backwards and cut from the inside out.... Couldn't resist.

Thanks mate, you have made me want this more than anything

It's a constant battle with me to try to buy records only because I love the tune, rather than buying them because they are collectable.

Last year I think the majority of vinyl I bought was coloured! Not by choice, that was just how they were released. When I see limited runs of 100/250 I am definitely more tempted to buy.

I bought, and sold, a ton of records when I was young in 92/93 while I played the credit card boom/bust game. Loads of Aphex Twin, KLF etc. Regretted it so much and now I think I will never sell records again!

I like charity shops and car boot sales. I set a rule that I shouldn't pay more than £1 for any record. I like picking up 12"s of 80's tunes for the instrumentals. For example Human League extended versions and remixes are really great electronic experiments. The holy grail that I always search for is Kraftwerk singles/albums.

I often picture myself as a retired old man who sits in a care home with a huge shelf full of records and a turntable - happy!

My favourite labels for collectability and great music at the moment are samurai and auxilary.

It's a constant battle with me to try to buy records only because I love the tune, rather than buying them because they are collectable.

Last year I think the majority of vinyl I bought was coloured! Not by choice, that was just how they were released. When I see limited runs of 100/250 I am definitely more tempted to buy.

I bought, and sold, a ton of records when I was young in 92/93 while I played the credit card boom/bust game. Loads of Aphex Twin, KLF etc. Regretted it so much and now I think I will never sell records again!

I like charity shops and car boot sales. I set a rule that I shouldn't pay more than £1 for any record. I like picking up 12"s of 80's tunes for the instrumentals. For example Human League extended versions and remixes are really great electronic experiments. The holy grail that I always search for is Kraftwerk singles/albums.

I often picture myself as a retired old man who sits in a care home with a huge shelf full of records and a turntable - happy!

My favourite labels for collectability and great music at the moment are samurai and auxilary.

I definitely find myself constantly battling with that, the words limited to x amount of copies are like a sirens song to me and i seldom resist. Coloured vinyl is more of a thing these days as labels have to offer the collectability factor with a USP which draws in the punters, for example Samurai with the marbled vinyl, to combat the rise of digital downloads and poracy.

I'd definitely like to start getting on some record fairs, car boot sales or charity shops but its difficult to know where to start if im honest. Theres a thrift shop near mine that has a collection of records but they are all heavily overpriced (£10 in there going for £1 on discogs) i suppose i need to branch out a bit more

Definitely nice to have a growing vinyl collection, I don't buy as many now due to the cost, but I couldn't ever get rid of my collection. It is like a life story, you remember from each one where you bought it from, plus the buzz from playing newly purchased vinyl for the first time. It's pretty much the best of both worlds now being able to buy wavs/mp3's then still collect the odd vinyl to add to the collection. I also prefer to dj out on vinyl so still like to buy the odd new tunes on vinyl, then mix on both vinyl and CD

Back
Top Bottom