Reason User's...

Fazer

wat
VIP Junglist
Ive got a big problem.
Im working on a beat, and my computer crashed. I tried to reopen the file the next day and Im getting a message saying 'The operation could not be completed because of a media problem'.
Does anyone know if theres anyway I can recover this file as its quite important. Thanks if anyone can help. :)

I just googled it and found this: (maybe you could try sending it to someone else on this site who uses Reason, see if they can open it)

1. If this alert appears when you attempt to load certain patches from certain ReFills, chanses are that the ReFill file is damaged. Reinstall the ReFill.

If the alert still appears when loading patches, some critical system files might need to be replaced. Perform a system wide search for the following files:

REX Shared Library
ReWire

Delete ALL instances of found files with those exact names.
The next time you launch Reason 3, proper versions of these file will be reinstalled.

2. If this alert appears when you attempt to open a certain Reason song (rns) file, the file might be broken. If files aren't Zipped or Stuffed properly they might get damaged when being transferred over a network or over the internet, or even if they are attached to an email.

Ensure that the file is Stuffed or Zipped before you transfer it to another location via mail or else ways.

If you're not sure whether the file is damaged or not, try opening the file on another computer running Reason. If it still won't open, send the file to Propellerhead Tech Support via the Support form on our site. Even if we can't mend the file we can determine whether it is broken or not.

Is it a reason FILE or instrument PATCH?

if its a patch, try to open just the patch in a new reason project.

Or do what the other guy said, have someone else open your reason project file, that should work.

its fucked

when ur PC turns off or power cuts out, with reason it fucks up the file. thats happened to me no end of times, and ive had to rebuild the track from scratch. Never ends up the same either :(

LEarn from ur mistakes and save multiple files bro

its fucked

when ur PC turns off or power cuts out, with reason it fucks up the file. thats happened to me no end of times, and ive had to rebuild the track from scratch. Never ends up the same either :(

LEarn from ur mistakes and save multiple files bro

THIS

Happened to me me loads of times and there is nothing you can do, the track is gone mate.

get into the habbit of saving literally every few minutes, on reason it's piss aswell just press control + s and it saves within seconds

0.1 - 0.2 - 0.3 etc etc imo

saves getting into larger numbers hahahahaha

Nice one for the help and advice, but after trying all sorts for ages, yep - I lost it haha.
I had to start from scratch. While I was remaking it I saved it multiple times, always going too do that now, just too back it all up.
Here's the track I had to remake if anyone's interested, its not DnB its Dubstep, I thought I would give it a go. Ive still got a long way to go producing-wise, but Im going too try to stick at it. Anyway, any tips on anything and constructive criticism would be wicked (y) (Gonna post this in the members tracks section too). Also underneath is another Dubstep track I done.

*edit: Im not sure the sound quality of the clips is the best ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fhVBjZ9reM&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKs3a-QcK_M&feature=channel

:clown:

Last edited:
i dont really like dubstep but i do like these tunes mate, the synths work really well together, produced nicely keep it up mate

Back
Top Bottom