Raptor's Den Records Release Reviews!

Raptor's Den

Hey all! Gentlemen, ladies, and aliens alike! Come take a look at our sounds!!! Let us know what you think!!!

Our sounds are very different then the normal drum and bass sounds and vibes. All with the same depth, Heaviness, and energy all bass music has to provide! Here we create our own sounds and vibes and styles we think you will all enjoy equally! :)

Happy producing everyone!

All of our mastering is done up right and proper by United Mastering, our own Personal Mastering service!

Enjoy ladies n gentlemen!

Last edited:
Hello,

I am sorry to say I did not like many of the song from your label. Please regard my opinion as simply just my opinion but most of the songs sounded like well mastered bad songs. They where not pleasing to the ear, nor do I think many of them had a good mix in the first place. That statement does not hold true for all the songs I listen to, but only for many of them. Please, do not think I am a dick, or that I am trying to be a dick. I am just giving honest feedback. Something I always enjoy and use for future use.

Hello,

I am sorry to say I did not like many of the song from your label. Please regard my opinion as simply just my opinion but most of the songs sounded like well mastered bad songs. They where not pleasing to the ear, nor do I think many of them had a good mix in the first place. That statement does not hold true for all the songs I listen to, but only for many of them. Please, do not think I am a dick, or that I am trying to be a dick. I am just giving honest feedback. Something I always enjoy and use for future use.

YOU DICK!!! hahaha jk jk! :P <3 but truly to be compeltely honest, all of our music is of a different style, So it varies, you can have from the lightest of drum and basses to the most different, random, unique sounding drums and basses, to the heaviest, and the most popular kind of dnb. Which is just a shreading, tear your face apart, unforgiving tune! ;)

Edit- And to be honest it's music, you can have the lightest mixdown ever and its still a fire track. And have the heaviest mixdown put into it, like tight drums etc and still a fire track! haha im not arguing you though, just adding a bit of my own insight into this!

And there is a whole story behind each tune and how it came and got to be where it was today! :) For example Raptor's Throne, Sadly the file itself became corrupted and I could not even work on it! However I did have a good and solid copy that could be mastered. And I really didn't want to waste such a precious tune! That's just one example though ;) It also has a lot to do with the art! A lot of what you hear as mixdown 'mistakes' were the intended purpouse and soul of all of these tunes! And even furthermore we are all learning equally together. Progressively, some more so then others, but truly I accept a tune as long as it is huge and contains a unique structure and is able to retain itself!

So I totally understand where you are coming from, and 100% completely respect and appreciate you honest feedback towards this project! It's just a bit of different lighter sounds a good number of stuff on our page. Just some different stuff really! TBH I dont hear it as having a bad mixdown rather, whats good in its own way! Cause it was made by the artist to be that way! ;)

Glad you listened to our sounds though! Happy producing brother! :carlton:

Last edited:
Just some different stuff really! TBH I dont hear it as having a bad mixdown rather, whats good in its own way! Cause it was made by the artist to be that way! ;)

I am very sorry to intervene into conversation, but does that mean one really doesn't have to put many efforts in mixing, composition etc. because one's production is an art (even if it doesn't sound mixed and/or arranged properly) and should be treated as a unique 'in its own way' sound? I have to disagree if that applies to EDM. And, IMO, this isn't a really good position for an EDM label owner, sorry

I am very sorry to intervene into conversation, but does that mean one really doesn't have to put many efforts in mixing, composition etc. because one's production is an art (even if it doesn't sound mixed and/or arranged properly) and should be treated as a unique 'in its own way' sound? I have to disagree if that applies to EDM. And, IMO, this isn't a really good position for an EDM label owner, sorry

Believe me man I understand where you are coming from, and I know a good mixdown when I hear one! These aren't bad sounding as you hear. There is a ton of drum and bass with mixdowns you may think is bad but truly was made to their own ways.. And plus they are perfect enough for release. It's not like the artists half assed their mixdown jobs. We all have our own personal techniques and not all sound is going to be the same in the end. Idea wise. Now quality wise, you can get it to industry standard but truly, I do not absolutely, NEVER treat my artists sounds as unique in its own way, if truly the mixdown is not powerful enough. Ive told my artists to lower hi hats, etc this and that! I have a love for these tracks, and truly I understand that it wont appease to the tastes of everyone, but it is our sound. That from which you may think is crap but listen to the music, rather then the mixdowns. Not all music is supposed to be mixed down and made the same way.. There is no set and determined way to arrange or mix a sound properly at all! It is just do it in your own way in which you make it sound good on a proffesional sound system!

That is not at all what I mean at all brother! I mean that this was one's idea. You don't think I can hear a bad mixdown when I hear one? and I have heard bad mixdowns. This is all the artists Ideas otherwise I simply would not release them in any way! At least until they are fixed! There is tons of work that could be done on everyones mixdowns even proffesionals, truly in the end it comes to the taste of what the people enjoy. Believe me I truly do understand 100% where you are representing your question and concern from but I now am clearing it all up for you and anyone else that sees this that, what we release are not bad mixdowns, or mistakes, it is what we are comfortable with playing on a huge massive proffesional sound system and the sound we love! One example is the mixdown below. One may think its crap and the bass takes out the hi hats... but no, it sounds beautiful! It gives it level, structure, balance with ones mind and what they want! I love it.. nothing to me is crap, unless it really just was a piss poor effort on the artists part who has and had all the time in the world to rinse together a properly put together mixdown! Some of our songs sound looser then others, some just rip and rage your head off.. in the end, it's to each there own. LMAO I would never own a label with that attitude that "oh just cause a mixdown is ok ill release it.. it was the idea." No way mate, there was a reason I am releasing them in the first place and uploaded them. There is LOADS more effort and work and always goes into this work.

So in short, just appreciate the music and sounds, cause if you are all going to be nitpicking at what you think is the "quality", then we are all going to be here all day picking off of details and picking off of details of what I say! However, I totally understand a misunderstanding such as this one can and has happened, and now i'm just clearing all of that up. Im not playing around any fact either.. There is no fact that these are bad mixdowns. These are perfect mixdowns for mastering. Idea is solid and beautiful and there. Drum and Bass, Especially music was never intended to be a certain way of sound nor style. The people who created drum and bass innovated the world with a whole new genre.. I am innovating my own way through my own sounds from within that beautiful genre ;) <3

With all due respect to everyone in advance leave your feedback and comments, negative or positive its all good ;) :carlton:

But please please understand what I am saying here that my sounds are not the "bad quality" you may think they are. Even if what you hear may 'sound' bad to you, it is not, and truly it really just isnt up to your taste. I understand we may all do different things with other peoples tunes to make it more "Proper" and "Structured" and "true to dnb" but truly man I've realized to just let the other person do the work, its their idea, their work. If their mixdown is sufficient enough, and we have High standards, then they can release it on our label. If not just come back whenever the mixdown is good. We are a small label right now, so I definitely don't mind helping out here and there with peoples tunes that not only they want released, but I want as well, on my label! No harm, no foul energy! Just saying what is true and holding up to it! It is our style of sound. Simply put, if it doesn't quite necesarilly please your taste, please feel free to comment and ask why and I'll let you know. I never release any crap on my label. It's all love, good, and wholesome energy to be shared with everybody. I have plenty of experience with massive proffesional sound systems and I know my sound.. I am learning still how to work with that sound the best I can. However, these tunes came from, and out of a lot of hard work! :carlton:

All my love everyone!

A reminder that We are not doing this for money... we are doing this to create a broadband network for and of sound straight into your mind! Of all sorts and types of drum and bass! Just a plethora of different and unique sounds, styles, techniques.. Like a multicoloured spectrum of sound!

[The short version.. If you dont want to read all that ;)] (read it though, its good and usefull information.)
and definitely never a problem you didnt intervene, good that you asked. Because I feel people should know. Its just as simple as that. To some it may sound not good, especially if they are coming from the fact that it has to be a "certain set standard" which no music ever is any set standard.. its just bend and shape frequency how you will and enjoy it! Now of course to the end stage of all things it, itself no matter how the sound was built and put together for its own personal idea, it is A) up to the artist to bring out the sounds properly for any sound system, and B ) is up to the mastering agent in the end to maximize that mixdown! I am very stern on mixdowns and cannot have anything sub par with our quality! Even if it may seem 'bad' to some.

One example you have andy c's old style which is light as a feather.. some tracks at least. Then with the newer improvements in technology and learning of and from the self the tracks are now made louder, and what may seemingly be more brilliant then the older tunes... but in the end its all brilliant and art! But I would never release any crap mixdowns. Only help to progress that artist further in their quest to find the sound they have been looking for :) and then release a beautiful vinyl worthy mix :) I would put any of these on vinyl any day.. the people who love my sound are there, Even if some truly here dont enjoy them ;) The sound systems enjoy them the best I must say though :)

In the end of course you have to put in the best effort you possibly can for a mixdown. What may not 'sound' 'done' and 'proper' was the finished results of the hard work of the artist himself. Key words being finished. I'm sure if the artist himself wanted to make it any different he would. It is their sounds, I am not assuming their reason for that sound, Even to me some of my mixdowns may sound bad, but then when i re look them instead of being all detailed into the detail of the mix and listen to the intended purpous of the sounds and soul, I really start to dig in and soak in just how beautiful and rich of an effort this man or woman really put into his or her work. Definitely Im not saying at all to not leave any comments about quality or this and that, Just letting you guys know the deal here with our sounds and styles, and leave whatever you want! Enjoy everybody! ;) And most importantly have fun! If you arent having fun, take a break, and relax and then come back to it and have some fun!

All the best everyone. Kudos to whoever reads through all that. Its chock full of soo much information I dont think anyone will doubt our quality.. LMAO especially when music never was set to any specific standard. And it doesn't Ruin music or any of the vibes either. To each their own. I personally aim as my own artist to release music from the lightest, loosest, loudest to quietest, one example being "Fire Master" on our page. To the heaviest tightest mixdowns ever heard. Be variable, be unique! Be yourself!!! :P <3

Last edited:
You are certainly a prolific, if not rambling, writer. Speaking of writing, I am a terrible writer. Sure I may have an active imagination that could create some wonderful stories, but without the ability to utilize structured writing I will never be a great writer. It is the same thing with art for me, I have always wanted to draw a beautiful woman naked. However, every time I try I end up with a pissed off, soon to be ex, girl friend because she looks like shit in the picture. Do you get my analogy?
I really do enjoy your philosophy of creativity. I myself spend much more of my time listening to amateur producers and artist, more than professional. That is why I spend so much time giving feedback on this web-site. The creativity is endless here, much more than I would say than any professional label. Yet still, the professional label delivers the same things, constancy, solid mixdowns, and a superior skill level to my own and the majority of producers.
My children tell wonderful stories to me that I love. They are full of hope, dreams, imagination, and pure joy of life. Believe be, none of these stories should be made into movies. If they did make one of these stories into a movie, only I would enjoy it.
Like I said your philosophy is wonderful. However, I did not personally enjoy your label. I have my own personal exploration of creative, wonderful, awful, inspiring, kick ass, dark, beautiful, mean, jazzy, jump up, folksy, amateur, professional, and personal music right here, and no one needed to create a label to share with the world.
Best of luck to you and please stick around. This is not me getting out the torches and pitch forks to run you out of here. Just the very opposite. I personally believe this is the best web-based community for honest feedback. Many of the people who post here or used to post here are professional producers, or could be professional. Most of us are just hobbiest trying to have a more perfect craft. I sure there is much you can offer us. Just as sure as there is much we can offer you.

Be careful IV4 it looks like he's trying to drown you in words. If you need some help reading his posts we're just round the corner mate.

Be careful IV4 it looks like he's trying to drown you in words. If you need some help reading his posts we're just round the corner mate.

hahaha! I love you guys all equally regardless of whatever!! believe me I totally understand where you are coming from and thank you for your feedback. My best and most honest, truthful response to all of this is hey, we are all learning and to grow together helps the greatest! I personally love any sounds and style of sounds, I mean hey to each their own, if it sounds like a bad mix down to some its ok :'( kinda makes me sad it wasn't seen for it's idea and not past the mixdown. I mean by that, that it's not like on our end we missed past a 'bad' mixdown. I just Loved the sounds I played of my friends, they sounded great, and I wanted to release them. LMAO but i cant force you all to listen to stuff you don't like ;)

And yeah I do tend to write a lot and detailed but I definitely do promise to bring you shorter responses, more packed with information rather then a whole novel. Yeah its readable if I write a lot but not many want to read through all of that just for reviews xD ;) <3

Hey bud, stay on the lookout for our music! We always will be releasing some fire stuff! If it isn't in your tastes now, it may be in a few months and so on, so forth! I really appreciate your inputs and comments guys! I really do! ;) <3 :carlton:

All my best and love everyone!

And I know that is a long read too lmaoo but IV4 thank you for the kind words brother! I really appreciate that a lot and it means a whole lot to me! Look out for tutorials I will be posting very soon here! All from kick compression and layering, to mixing down, to special sidechain compression tricks! Really cool stuff!

Mother of god.. even i get a headache seeing how much i wrote.. lmaoooo hahaha sorry people! :) lmaoo it is quite informative though xD <3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom