Question

Discussion in 'Production' started by Dark Lizardro, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Let's say I have these 5 good tracks that I want to release online (bandcamp, for example). But I want it to play on wherever what people's are using to listen to them (phones, computer, burned cds) the way it should be (from track 1 to 5), just like a CD or vinyl you buy. How do I do it? Is there any program that lets me organize this playlist? there will be songs that are continuous, but with no gaps between them. Was I clear enough on my question?

2. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

dont music files have id tags of some kind just enter all the relevant info artist name album etc and there is a track number bit too?

on pc right click select properties then fill in the details

3. Dark Lizardro

Yeah those are the tags. But you can only assign tags to mp3s. Wav files don't have tags, as far as I know. I dunno if there's something about those m3u files you get when you download something over bandcamp.

4. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

hmmm i dunno then
    except maybe number them before the name of the track that should keep em in order

5. Dark Lizardro

Well, yeah. That should keep them in order, when you see the files on explorer (or whatever you use, depending on your system). But the thing is: You know when you have 2 or more tracks that plays continuously when listening to some albums? That's what I want to know, how you do it.

6. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

If you put it on bandcamp as an ep im sure it allows you to select teh order.

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm ill phone a friend

seems putting up as an ep and mixing the songs and setting cut points is only way to do this as far as my mate says

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014