Query about head phone splitter....

djayglobaldnb

I have recently been using a 4 deck set up... Whenever a friend is round we do 4 decks with 2 people and 2 mixers...

I have it wired up so the master from the other mixer is connected to my 4th channel and i just control most of the levels from my mixer when we are both mixing.. Now the problem is my friend obviouly cant hear what i am playing through his headphones as nothing from my mixer is connected to the one he is using...

I was basically wondering if there is any peice of equipment such as a headphone splitter that will make it possible for him to hear what is going through my mixer in his headphones????

Tried to see have a look online but couldnt really find anything on it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

So, one mixers master output is going into the 4th channel of the other mixer, can't the guy with the 4 channel mixer just select to hear the audio in that channel?

So, one mixers master output is going into the 4th channel of the other mixer, can't the guy with the 4 channel mixer just select to hear the audio in that channel?

Thank you for stating the obvious... I just expained i can hear everything that is going through both mixers but obviously he cant hear what is playing through my mixer in his headphones as my mixer is not connected to any of his outputs....

This is a question for someone who already has a 4 deck set with 2 mixers or someone that knows quite a bit about how to set up audio equipment and may have come across this problem so please refrain from asking pointless questions that do not relate to what i am asking...

I mean at the end of the day its no great problem as he can beat match what is coming from the speakers but it can make faster mixing slightly harder because he cant hear the 2 tracks clearly enough together to mix them in fast enough...

Like i said not neccessary that i need to find a fix although it would make mixing on 4decks for the other person so much easier...

Thank you for stating the obvious... I just expained i can hear everything that is going through both mixers but obviously he cant hear what is playing through my mixer in his headphones as my mixer is not connected to any of his outputs....

This is a question for someone who already has a 4 deck set with 2 mixers or someone that knows quite a bit about how to set up audio equipment and may have come across this problem so please refrain from asking pointless questions that do not relate to what i am asking...

I mean at the end of the day its no great problem as he can beat match what is coming from the speakers but it can make faster mixing slightly harder because he cant hear the 2 tracks clearly enough together to mix them in fast enough...

Like i said not neccessary that i need to find a fix although it would make mixing on 4decks for the other person so much easier...

You're never gonna get a good answer with that attitude sonny Jim.

You should buy a stereo/mono splitter, that'll cheer you up.

I was thinking this could maybe work aswell... But since the headphone splitter is connected to my mixer he wont be able to hear what is in his mixer??? I was just wondering if anyone has come across this issue while playing on 4 decks...

I will maybe try and see if i connect my booth to his 3rd channel and maybe that will work...

Back
Top Bottom